HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

TVT support & Information TVT support & Information

Unread 04-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Question - TVT support & Information TVT support & Information

I had my TVT op yesterday 21 April and still feeling the urgency to pee and peeing every hour. I have even peed the bed in my sleep.

Im worried its not worked or its a waste of time.

Can anyone give me any tips or info on their experiences?
Thanks
Cheeki
Unread 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Re: TVT support & Information

CheekiBabe

Give yourself some time. I am 8weeks post op and I felt exactly the same as you. I could wee straight after the operation which believe me IS a good thing. ( if you cant you are sent home catheterised!!!!). But when I came home i constantly have the urger to wee. I felt like I had got cystitis, and after 3 week sof this I contacted the surgeon. He was great. If you want to see how bad I felt do a search on my id Nat37 and you will see how bad it got. I feel now that I just hadnt given my body enough time to sort itself out. The surgeon tried to tell me this also but I covinced myself that the op had not gone right and that the tape was in too tight which was causing my bladder not to void properly.
After about 5 weeks things started to settle bit by bit, but I totally understand that this is a horrible time that seems to go on forever!
Try not to worry and also try not to read too many of the horror stories on this site. Dont forget everybody is different and if you think how many ladies have the op, if there are only the ladies on this site that are experiencing problems then its really not that bad.
Hope this make you feel a little better and if you want any more advice feel free to ask.

Nat37
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Cool - TVT support & Information Re: TVT support & Information

Thank you for your response. I do feel a little better today but still my legs are so heavy and difficult to move. I have been resting and boredom is the hardest thing to manage.

I am concerned as to how fit i will be in the coming weeks as I have only 3 weeks off work and unable to drive for at least 2 weeks.
Can anyone tell me if they were able to drive for at least an hour in the 3rd week..
Thanks
Annie
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM

cheekiBabe
Yes I was able to drive in the third week. I felt a little pulling initially but it soon settled. I also had 3 weeks off work but felt I wasnt ready to go back as I had other symptoms. Be careful and dont worry about your fitness. I am now nearly 9 weeks post op and am only just feeling 'normal' throughout. Hope this helps
Nat37
Unread 09-12-2010, 06:36 AM

Well here I am 5 months after TVT and still struggling with urge incontinence... Im so sick of it all.... still peeing my pants and no control no matter what i do.....can anyone offer any advice... Im seeing a physio and bought a tens machine to assist with strengthening muscles but nothing is working... I need some help... thanks

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.