HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

New procedure and new Dr!!! New procedure and new Dr!!!

Unread 10-11-2001, 07:19 PM
New procedure and new Dr!!!

Hello everyone,

My sister's are always their when I need them most. I just came from a Gyn visit and was told that I need to come back for a colospy(SP ). Unfortunatly he also used the dreaded C word and told me that he needed to look at my cuff because I could still get vaginal cancer. He also said that I have alot of scarring around the cuff. I also have to go see general surgery next week to see if they want to go back in to have a look. This Dr seemed very nice and yes ladies he is new. Navy Dr'd this time. well I just wanted to thank Lisa for her post because it made me feel better to know that I am not the only having this procedure and all the sisters who replied to her post made me feel more at ease. I truly love you all. I could never tell anybody else about the cuff. ( I tried and either got very unwanted jokes or weird looks)

Maya

:ribbon2:
Unread 10-12-2001, 05:36 AM
Hi Maya!

I had written you a long response, and then this board told me I hadn't logged in and lost it....GRRRR! I'm gonna try this again.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you are in my thoughts. My doctor never mentioned the "C" word yet, but probably wouldn't since his nurse arranged this procedure. I will be glad to have it over and done with on Monday. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this and I hope the results are good for you. I also hope you aren't facing more surgery for scarring problems. I have battled scar tissue for some time, but never around the cuff that I know of. To be honest with you, I am discovering new "parts" every time I see my doctor since I never heard of so many of these before my hyst. So much to go haywire with my old body!

Did you have an abnormal pap? That is what prompted my tests - I had 2 paps come back with an abnormality, but no one has told me what the second test showed. I will ask my doctor on Monday I guess.

I am glad to hear you like your doctor and I hope you can get some answers quickly. Please know that I am thinking of you sweetie and sending good thoughts. I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how you are doing. I agree about the Sisters on this board - I love 'em!

's &
Unread 10-12-2001, 07:45 AM
(((Maya)))

I really don't have any answers on this subject! But wanted you to know i'm thinking of you and sending you some "s your way! Stay strong!
Love Colette
Unread 10-12-2001, 07:21 PM
New procedure and new Dr!!!

{{Maya}},
I hope all goes well with your procedure and your trip to the General Surgeon. I have a lot of pain in my cuff area and a Gyn I recently seen said it was caused by a lot of scarring that was present. Please let us know how it goes....
Unread 10-13-2001, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the replies

thanks ladies for the support and . I will keep everybody posted.

Maya

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.