HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

fused organs and gallbladder issues fused organs and gallbladder issues

Unread 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM
fused organs and gallbladder issues

I was scheduled for a TAH on 4/26 for what my GYN thought was three fibroids - one being the size of a golf ball. After the surgery he reported that my bladder, bowels and uterus were fused together with scar tissue from my prior c-section/tubal ligation and what he and another GYN thought were fibroids were scar tissue. He stated he had to pry my bladder off my uterus.

He also stated my gall bladder was enlarged to 4 times it's normal size, was not inflamed but needed to be checked out.

I had abdominal problems beginning on 3/31/10 and had been to an urgent care, the ER and a GI doctor between then and my TAH. No one had diagnosed me with gall bladder problems. Now everyone is pointed at each other and I have no idea what I do next. I'm going to have to get another surgery but am told I have to recover first. My family is concerned that my gall bladder may rupture if it's already 4 times it's normal size.

Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can have another surgery? Has anyone experienced any of what I am describing?

Also, it takes me forever to urinate now and I'm sure it is because of the surgery. Does anyone know if that gets better?

Any feedback is welcomed. I feel at a loss and all the physicians are vague with me and my family. We feel like the are not telling us something.
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Re: fused organs and gallbladder issues

Sorry, I have no idea about the gallbladder but (((HUGS))) going out to you!

But I DID have my bladder fused to my uterus, bladder sitting on top of it, and yes that has gotten better, although I still have some pain, while using that muscle, once I have urinated. I'm going to ask my dr about that on Friday.
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:55 AM

sorry , me either have no idea about gallbladder, will be seeing a GI MYSELF SOON for gallbladder so we can compare notes lolllllllllll
hope you feel better soon ......
Unread 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM

I had my TAH on March 4 and was out of work for 7 weeks and then went back to work for 2 weeks and then had to have my gallbladder removed yesterday. I had no idea that I was having problems with it until I had pain in my back right side, thought it was just heartburn. Now I'm sore all over again!!!
Unread 05-18-2010, 09:13 PM

So sorry you are having issues with your gall bladder...hope you will have answers soon. I did have bladder issues i can comment on. I had a prolapsed bladder and uterus....had a TVH/bladdersling/A&P repairs 10 weeks ago. After my surgery, my bladder was very fussy for awhile. Frequency...felt different urinating...like i had to concentrate to "go" and the stream felt different. I think anytime you have bladder manipulation you will have some difficulty urinating for awhile. My issues are much better now. I am taking cranberry pills which are supposed to be good for your bladder and if you have pain there are meds for spasms etc. I would think with a TAH they might wait 6 weeks for another surgery unless it is an emergency but i may be wrong...they do those gallbladders by laproscope now if they can which is less invasive...hope you get answers soon and are on the road to recovery!
Unread 05-19-2010, 03:25 PM

UPDATE
I'm having my gall bladder removed tomorrow via laproscopic out-patient surgery. I am 23 days post-op from the abdominal hysterectomy. I went back to work this week and worked two full days and one partial day. All went well since my job is mostly comprised of sitting. I've been told that the LAP should only require 1 week recovery. I'm hoping to return to work on June 1st.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.