HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Hard lumps inside vaginal after mesh? Hard lumps inside vaginal after mesh?

Unread 05-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Hard lumps inside vaginal after mesh?

Hi everyone,

quick recap, March 2009 I had a hysterectomy with a sacral colpopexy (mesh lift), TVT sling AND rectopexy.

Had bowel issues following, and after many tests and things, they did a resection of my colon (took the entire sigmoid out and upper part of rectum) and revised the rectopexy (securing the prolpased rectum) _ I had this surgery almost 5 months ago.

I'm schedule for another repair in July.. but onto my question!

Sex was very uncomfortable after surgery #1, but was better after surgery #2 (so far - I haven't been very active). Not as painful.. and last week I was self exploring, and parts of my vaginal canal had hard, sensitive lumps/bumps in. It is not the same as it use to be.. and I'm thinking scar tissue? It's more on the back wall (towards the rectum) but I was wondering if others are like this, and what your doctors have said.
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Re: Hard lumps inside vaginal after mesh?

oh no.. this is scary. Am I the ONLY one with these hard lumps inside my vaginal canal?
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM

hey Princess,

i remember you..... so sorry to hear that you are having more problems... i don't know what the inside of my vagina is like yet after my second surgery..but i don't have mesh and didn't have the same things you had so i probably am not a good person to ask anyway...

i just couldn't stand that nobody had answered your question.... i would try talking to your doctor.. the one good thing about all these tests and surgeries is that pretty much any question becomes okay to ask, right? i mean it has for me... my doctor these days go so fast i never can seem to get an answer..but...or i do ..and i just don't get a whole picture or whatever... but sometimes you have to keep trying...keep asking.....

i agree it is always nice to find someone on here who has had the same thing as you have....you've had an awful lot done.. but i am sure there is someone who will come along and answer your question.. just keep it bumped up near the top.....

hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Hard lumps inside vaginal after mesh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
oh no.. this is scary. Am I the ONLY one with these hard lumps inside my vaginal canal?
I also have lumps in vag. I am looking for answers to that too. I am 5 weeks post op rec/ cyst/entrocyle andbhyst 5 years ago. I also had labiaplasty and itbstill feels raw.
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM

I asked this question of my uro/gyn. She said it was from parts of the intestines pressing against the vagina. Not really sure if that's the right answer, but it was hers.
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM

I had a spot in my vagina that my husband felt. When I had my latest surgery, the urologist had to take the mesh out because it had eroded through. My hubby says that the spot that he felt is now gone.

You may have some mesh erosion.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.