HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

5 wks. post op stitches hurting 5 wks. post op stitches hurting

Unread 06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
5 wks. post op stitches hurting

On Monday will be 5wks. post-op. I had a vaginal hysterectomy with rectocele and cystocele repair. I am really sore were my stitches are in my vaginal area. It seems to be worse now for some reason. Sorry to be so blunt but there is a clear milky discharge, not thick like other discharges. I am not sure if this is an infection or what... I was on Cipro a few weeks back, so I am nost sure if it is a yeast infection or not. It doesn't feel like the typical yeast infection either... Just wondering if any one else has had this happen...
Unread 06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Re: 5 wks. post op stitches hurting

I had a TAH so I have not experienced this. Have you called your ? If not, a quick call to their office can help.

:cathugs:
Unread 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM

I had a lot of clear slimy discharge while healing and its normal. It shouldn't have any odor or color though. Several other people said they had the same thing but I would call your doctor's office if it really bothers you or if it gets worse.
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:05 PM

Could it just be your stitches coming out? I never saw mine but others have. If there is an odor though it could be an infection. I would have the doctor see you just to make sure. You do not want to hurt your healing in any way. Best wishes!
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:18 PM

I am going to call the dr. in the morning.... I think you might be right. I went to the grocery store today and I should not have and now I am paying for it... I will keep you posted... Thank you!!!!!
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM

Thanks, I am going to call the dr. in the morning...I think it might be an infection.... I will let you know... I appreciate the responce!!
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:23 PM

I went to see the dr. and it turns out that I have a yeast infection. She put me on two rounds of difflucan. She also did another urine culture...That won't be back for several days. I did have to see another dr. since my dr. was not in until Thursday which is my regular 6wks check. This dr. was seeing me since I was having the issues. Well she did a pelvic and made my stitches bleed. It was very painful and I was not happy that she used the speculum. I am not sure why she did it, but anyway it is over with and I am glad... I now hope my reg dr won't do that on my 6weeks check up on the 17th. We will see how this med. works. Thanks everyone for the input!!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.