HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before. Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before.

Unread 06-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before.

Before surgery I could do sit-ups I had surgery over 14 months ago and I can't do not one sit-up now, does anyone else have this problem or have an idea I can try? I am trying to lose weight and unfortunatly it is all in my belly region. I have excellent muscle control in my tummy muscles just can't do a sit-up to save my life!
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Re: Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before.

Try the Bender Ball Method. I got mine at Target. It places a small ball behind you but really gives your abs a great workout-I got to do mine some before my surgery and can't wait to get back to it. I hated sit ups and wanted to try something else. Hope this helps!
Unread 06-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Thank you I will have to try that.
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Smile - Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before. Re: Can't do Sit-ups anymore after surgery I could before.

I had my hysterectomy in April 2009, too. Only recently (last two months), I'm gaining more confidence in my belly strength. Google core pilates boat pose. That's what I started with. Now I'm doing reverse sit ups and sometimes working with a physio ball. I think it may be easier to start by working our oblique (side) muscles, and then later try to engage rectus abdominus (middle) muscle. I'm also doing general cardio (stair and eliptical machines, aquaerobics) to fight the blub. Let's not give up!
Unread 06-30-2010, 12:56 AM

Thank You I will do that. I am up to trying anything at this point.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.