HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Vaginal discharge 6 weeks after surgery Vaginal discharge 6 weeks after surgery

Unread 06-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Vaginal discharge 6 weeks after surgery

I am 6 1/2 weeks post Davinci, total hyst, (ovaries cervix) and with cystocele repair. Having had an appendectomy and ruptured ovary surgery in 1981, the old fashioned way, the pain and recovery from the Davinci has been MUCH easier and MUCH less painful.

After 2 weeks I returned to work part time, few hours daily, desk job with a short commute. Main issue was back ache then, and after sitting I was ready to recline at home.
Weeks 4 and 5 my stamina greatly improved and I think in a way the more I did, the more the stamina increased.

My main problem is, after my 6 week check up I've had much more discharge. I had a tiny bit during week 5 after one of the stitches came/dissolved out. (normal per the doctor).
But since the exam Monday, I've had to wear mini pads and it has been pinkish. My doctor said I have one area (1 cm) that is not fully healed internally which she could see during the exam. Since the exam I have had much more discomfort and am probably going to contact the office today. She also has me using estrace cream to reduce the inflammation and help the healing.
Has anyone else encountered this issue after the 6 week exam?
Unread 06-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Re: Vaginal discharge 6 weeks after surgery

(((pike)))

I didn't personally experience that. It's always best to check with your doctor whenever in doubt so I'm glad you did that! I hope you'll let us know how you're doing!

Deb
Unread 06-26-2010, 04:38 PM

I just had my 6 week check up and I too still have a pink discharge. I also had the DaVinci. The doctor told me it was due to some granulated scar tissue. He actually used a few silver nitrate sticks to coat the area. Now I have a silvery pink discharge. He said it should go away soon.
Unread 06-27-2010, 05:27 AM

Spoke to my doctor on Friday, who indicated it is due to tissue still healing. Totally normal, and I will go back in 4 weeks, so will just have to wait it out until then.
Thanks all.
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:51 AM

this is me. seeing the doc on thursday for my "six week" (although i'll only be 5 weeks, 2 days). still having the same discharge. going through my third box of panty liners now...

wondering when it will ever stop?!
Unread 06-27-2010, 09:05 AM

I have had a pink discharge for the past week. I am now 6wks post op. The dr said it was stiches disoving nothing more. I just had sex and I bleed more, and it was crampy.
Unread 06-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Prior to my 6 week check up, I had no discharge whatsoever. I was elated. Then in week 8, it began. The discharge was pinkish. I was enough for me to go through 2 boxes of pantiliners. It has come almost to a smear that is grayish. I am not pleased by the smell of it but am told that is expected as the stitches dissolve. At first there was no smell. I have read other commentaries from Sisters who apparently gone through the same thing. I think I am nearing the end. I am moving toward week 10. I had TAH so perhaps mine is heavier/longer due to having more stitches to dissolve. Please write back to let me know how things turn out. I will keep you posted as well.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.