HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Unread 06-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Amberen

I just took my second dose of Amberen this morning. Was wondering what other's experiences have been on this? I am currently NOT taking any HRT...although I have in the past. Its probably been about six months since I was on any dr prescribed HRT (which incl bio-ident). Love to hear your input on Amberen. Thanks.
Unread 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Re: Amberen

Hi Juanita!

How are you doing so far on the Amberen? Have you noticed any difference?

I know there are members who have used this product so it's just a matter of time before they see your thread and respond to share their thoughts and experiences.

Meanwhile, I hope it is working for you!

Unread 06-28-2010, 05:50 AM

I have been hearing a lot of mentions re Amberan. Would appreciate why you went on this pill. I had my total hyst. November 09 and am in post menopause with no HRT after having been on HRT for approx.20 years. Went off cold turkey. I am experiencing lots of joint pain, sweats, no hot flashes which is good. What exactly is Amberan. Thanks for any information you can give me. Shirl
Unread 06-29-2010, 06:27 AM

Hi ladies. On my sixth dose of Amberen this morning. Havent really noticed anything yet--but they say it can be up to a month before you really notice--or as little as a week. I have been having a mild headache the past couple days off and on, but could be the heat we are having here lately. Shirl I went on it upon my husbands suggestion. I have night sweats, hot flashes, tired and no energy all of the time. ALong with the occasional joint pain and no libido. I had a TAH when i was 26, I just turned 40. I have been on the HRT path since I had my TAH, and its been a battle. Now that i am getting older, i have the "C" word fear of being on HRT too long so I stopped it all about six months ago to see if i can manage without it. I checked on the forum for posts regarding Amberen for people who had already tried it, couldnt find any for anyone after a month or so use. You take the pills for 3 mths, stop for 3mths, and keep alternating I believe. I will PM you the website.
Unread 07-02-2010, 02:03 PM

okay 9th dose today...happy to report no hot flashes yesterday or today..and no night sweats last night. slept through the night covers on all night! HOORAY. not sure yet about the energy and libido part, as its still pretty early into this. But no side effects as of yet
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:27 PM

I heard a lot about this too and was wondering if anybody was trying it and if they had any sucess. I am not able to take Hormone replacement drugs because of my family medical history so I am trying to research all my options and this sounds like it might be a good thing if it works.

~smiles~ Mindi
Unread 07-07-2010, 02:49 PM

Amberen contains MSG, which is monsodium l glutamate the ingredient that is in a lot of Chinese food and other foods to add taste. I know it causes headaches for me and I have to avoid MSG .

I would be careful with taking Amberen . You might look at the ingredients and google each one to see what they are and their side effects. Over the counter products are not standardized or regulated, which means every bottle can be more or less of what it says is in it.

Here is what experts say about Amberen :http://www.wellnessletter.com/html/w...perts1209.html

Unread 07-08-2010, 06:11 AM

i have scoured the internet regarding taking Amberen I didnt just go off what their website says. Many women stated that they felt reduction in their hot flashes. I will tell you I am a skeptical person--but my hot flashes have reduced AND i am sleeping through the night. I have NO ovaries. As far as the MSG....everything that I have read on multiple websites has said the MSG is a different grade than what's used in food.....its supposed to be a pharm grade which is supposedly different from food grade. I am also sensitive to MSG in chinese food..gives me headaches.......although i had headaches the first few days i was taking the Amberen...i cant say that it was from that or the heatwave we have been having here. I havent had any headaches in over 9 days. I took my 15th dose today. Also from everything I have read on multiple websites, the ingredients are nothing more than amino acids and minerals? So i dont know.....I am gonna keep taking them for now. They appear to be helping me.
Unread 07-08-2010, 06:54 AM

the ingredients right off the package are:

Proprietary Compound 400 mg
Ammonium Succinate
Calcium Disuccinate
Monosodium L-Glutamate
Gycine
Magnesium Disuccinate Hydrate
Zinc Difumarate Hydrate
Tocopherol Acetate

*other ingredients: Gelatin, Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, Riboflavin, Carmin, Water

if anyone wants to do their own research on the ingredients and post on the thread........i would also be interested. like i said i have just taken my 15th dose and i am feeling good. but i remain skeptical....and monitor my symptoms daily.
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:34 AM

[quote=jalessi;3234417]i have scoured the internet regarding taking Amberen I didnt just go off what their website says. Many women stated that they felt reduction in their hot flashes. I will tell you I am a skeptical person--but my hot flashes have reduced AND i am sleeping through the night. I have NO ovaries. QUOTEJ

Jalessi - Question....prior to taking the Amberen, were you have daily interupted sleep (i.e. walking up 4-5x nightly)? Thanks!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.