HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Back Pain & Cramps 10 mo post op TAH-BSO Help! Back Pain & Cramps 10 mo post op TAH-BSO Help!

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Back Pain & Cramps 10 mo post op TAH-BSO Help!

Hello Sisters,
I am post op (TAH-BSO) 10 months and had typical longer than expected recovery but no complications. I did have the Divici method surgery. I'm recently having lots of severe back pain and mild occasional cramping. Exercise and any activity make pains worse, even too much rest or sitting. I don't think that I have any UTI or recent injuries to explain the pain. The cramping that I occasionaly get is mild and I think may be due to just adhesions or healing? But the back pain just keeps getting worse. I have not seen a gynecologist since my Post Op follow ups. I am on HRT (Premarin, 2 pills a day) and have been since my surgery. Another thing that's so strange...I still feel like I have PMS and Cycle issues, how could that be? I get the same ooozy muscular aches and pains and moodiness and cramping. I sure appreciate your time and support you all have given me during this Surgical Menopause process and wild change of life we all endure. Thank you.
Unread 06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Re: Back Pain & Cramps 10 mo post op TAH-BSO Help!

baboosh44

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

I think at this point it wouldnt hurt to give either your PCM or GYN a call. Personally I didnt have these issues. Hopefully another sister will come along and be able to share more information with you.

Please let us know how it all turns out.

Unread 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM

I have them! (((jumping up and down...NOT!)))

I think they continually happen as I am 19 mo post Hyst. Right now as I type this I am aching inside as if my period is about to start. Lower back pain, the whole deal.

Could be left over Endometriosis...could be nerves "remembering", could be due to unleveled hormones? Even if you take HRT as I do, it can still cause the same issues that came along with your normal hormone levels.

So, yes I can still be cranky! I never knew how much ovaries regulated multiple things in my body.

I found that popping some Ibuprofen or Motrin usually does the trick.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM

Hello Ladies,

I too am having these aches pains. Just yesterday I thought the same thing, they almost feel like I'm trying to start my period. I am 10 weeks post-op. Have another follow-up with doc tomorrow due to slow healing in my incision ( it had to finish healing from inside out). I just chalked it up to "healing pains". Any other information from others who had this issue would be appreciated.

Well Wishes to All!
Unread 07-16-2010, 12:21 AM

Back pain during pregnancy is normal. It is because of the hormonal and structural changes that occur during pregnancy. Cardiovascular exercise can help to improve muscle endurance which overall can prevent pregnancy back pain. Exercise should be done at a mild to moderate level during pregnancy.
Unread 07-16-2010, 03:05 AM

Sounds to me like you should make appointment(s) to see dr(s) - both for new back pain because no reason to endure that without looking for cause! and also for ongoing symptoms. If it were me, I'd be on phone to chiropractor, internist & gyn. good luck

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.