HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

numbness in the pelvic area numbness in the pelvic area

Unread 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM
numbness in the pelvic area

hello its been approximately 3 days since my hysterectomy. There were complications so after the vaginal surgery he had to go back in through my tummy to find where the internal bleeding was, anyway had two procedures. I am home now and I have a sensation of numbness in the region just below the incision? i have read about different things that i should be feeling but numbness isnt dscussed or at least i have not seen it? does anyone have any experieince with this?
overall I am feeling better today than the first day out of surgery and i am happy to be eating real food also im in the desert so walking outside is not much of an option how many laps should i be doing in terms of walking through the house? thanks ladies hope you are well and the surgery itself wasnt as bad as i thought take care
Unread 07-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Re: numbness in the pelvic area

Hi, I had the same thing happen and even after 11weeks I still have numbness mainly below incision and in pubic bone area, with a little in right groin area, think it's pretty normal, but mention it to your doc next time you see him.
Unread 07-03-2010, 03:43 PM

my abdominal procedure was 9 days ago, and just in the last 2 days my tummy and pelvic area seemed to start waking up...instead of being numb, they are now sore and achy...i assume it is the nerves healing and waking back up...

glad you are doing well now, don't know how many laps to tell you, i just get up and walk a bit and lay back down....my days are kind of running together now. ;-)
Unread 07-03-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm glad the other ladies answered your questions about the numbness, but as to how many laps around your house you should be doing, I'd say do not push yourself! If you do too much one day you'll pay for it for two. It took me three days after getting home to walk up and down the stairs, so be gentle with yourself and only do as much as you can easily do.

I hope you heal quickly!
Amy
Unread 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM

I still have a great deal numbness in the area between my belly button and my incision and below, after over 4 months. Not sure if it's ever going to go away. I'm wondering if it's worse for me since my dr. did my TAH thru my old c-section incision.
Unread 07-03-2010, 05:51 PM

agreeing with Amy.....take your time as you walk around...I am on day 9 of my recovery and I have just today been able to walk to the end of the street and back...it is not a long distance, but I was able to do it with little pain today...
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:53 PM

listen to the other ladies!!!! i had surgery on tuesday, felt great. home yesterday. walked to the end of the block and back this am. COMPLETELY down tonight. feel worse than before surgery. listen to your body but moreover - use common sense. we gotta take care of ourselves.
Unread 07-04-2010, 03:35 PM

thanks for the encouraging words, today is actually nice outside should be about 103, so i was able to walk to then end of my drive way and back. this numbness was scaring me i will definitely bring it up in my follow up, another thing i have found is I cant overdo on food until my body is ready to graduate up. hope you all are healing well, im sending positive vibes in all directions for positive healing,
-----------------
Perla
fibroids, heavy bleeding, painful menses, vaginal hysterectomy with a 2nd abdominal surgery for additional stitching

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.