HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Closed Thread

Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Happy Birthday HysterSisters =o)
I just would like to say I love this wonderful website it has been a blessing to me. For every woman here young and old..I appreciate your support, we truly are in this togeather in one way or another. It is nice to have the support of woman who have been through the same thing or something very similar to share our tears and our fears and to be there for eachother. Your all wonderful Blessings to all =o)
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:26 PM

One of the things I love about Hystersisters is the feeling of “family” here. There is always a sister to turn to when you are in need of help, support, advice and even an uplifting laugh.

to Hystersisters!!!

and thanks to all,

Suzanne
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Congrats to these members - random winners in this contest. You have received a cupcake birthday badge in your profile!

More cupcakes will be passed out in a few days!

Trish360

Colorado768

Jackie2010

mississippigal

Thanks for your participation! You can't win unless you play - and yes - you can submit several replies for more chances to win - just make sure your new replies are more reasons you love HysterSisters.com!

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:26 PM

Suzanne(canadianlady) is SO right, it is so much like being a family! It is such a great feeling to have so many sisters!
P.S I love all of her balloons, smiley faces, and very cool things! How did you do that? :-)
Unread 08-06-2010, 03:24 AM

I am new, just signed up today. I was feeling alone and scared until I decided to see if a tattoo before surgery was a good idea (it is not). What I got was a link to this site. I am so glad I chose to visit. This site is fan-*******-tastic. After reading the fifteen things learned under the post-op tab I was laughing. I haven't laughed in weeks since I found out I have ovarian cancer and require a hysterectomy. I am 35 and all my pregnancies have been ectopic. I have given up on bearing children, adoption is always good, and decided I would rather have the surgery then the cancer. Reading the stories of the creators and other members on this site gives me hope. I am in a much better place for coming to this site. I hope that it is around for another 12years heck another 20 would be even better. Women will always need the help of others who have gone through this. I look forward to my membership. And feeling like I have a safe place to turn in my time of need. Thank you so very much.
Unread 08-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Welcome! I have found myself checking in with my "sisters" regularly! Either with a new question (which is always answered), or just to say "hi!" Don't be afraid to ask about whatever you are experiencing. Someone here has had a similar experience and will get you an answer.
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:56 PM

One of the things I love about Hystersisters is the humor that we share while we are going through all of this!!!!!!

I have said for many years that if I can’t laugh about the tough times I would cry and if I start crying, I will not stop. There have been so many times that my sisters here have kept me from crying by getting me to laugh. Thank you to all of my Hystersisters!!!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 08-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Happy birthday, HysterSisters! This site is a great encouragement, and has helped me through my recovery by giving great info and by making me feel that I am one of many sisters connected who are going through this together. It helps us know what is normal and gives great information to know what to expect and how to prevent problems. I love the sisterhood!

Thanks so much for all you do for us, and for your encouragement!
Unread 08-07-2010, 03:51 PM

What I love about Hysersister's!? First let me say--EVERYTHING! I am not (or should I say was not) one of those types of people that did the support group thing--not my cup of tea. Then I stumbled on the Hystersister site. I was looking for answers to questions and found most of those answers here and if not here then pointing me in the right direction. Hystersister's has eased my fears, made me laugh when I felt like crying, helped me feel normal and helped me grow as a woman!

Lastly and more importantly let me say that Hystersister's has provided me with the amazing gift of friendship! I have met so many wonderful new friends and am wallowing in the support group groove. I finaly know what camaraderie is!

Thank you Hysersister's! And Happy Birthday!
Hugs!
Candi
Unread 08-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Happy 12th Birthday Hystersisters!

Wow I knew a tiny little acorn could grow into a huge oak tree but who would have thought a hysterectomy could grow into Hystersisters.com!

What I love about Hystersisters is that on this long and sometimes impossible journey, which I thought I was travelling alone, I discovered I am surrounded by many sisters on the same road and despite not knowing my face were willing to share and care unconditionally.

Each and every post I read, every thread I follow I thank every one of you, my sisters, for your honesty, your candidness, your wisdom and knowledge, sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings and your friendship. Hystersisters in my opinion is a must in the healing process.

Happy 12th Birthday once again and I send my sincere best wishes and thanks to you Kathy and all of the hostesses for a genuinely brilliant "Oak Tree" that lives and breathes and grows through the love of the Princess Sisters.
Closed Thread

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.