HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Hysterectomy /bladder tack / rectum tack Hysterectomy /bladder tack / rectum tack

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Hysterectomy /bladder tack / rectum tack

I have read alot since my Dr said I needed a hysterectomy. But I haven't read anything about someone getting a hysterectomy / bladder tack / and rectum tack all at the same time. What is the recovery time? What do I need to expect? My Dr said that since I was young (31) and healthy that I will be back on my feet again about two weeks and fully recovered in 6 weeks...Any advice?
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Re: Hysterectomy /bladder tack / rectum tack

Hi ACCOLE and

Is the “rectum tack” rectocele repair????

I had TVH with anterior (cystocele/bladder prolapse) , posterior (rectocele/rectal prolapse) and enterocele (small intestine prolapse) repairs on May 25. I am just over 9 weeks out and am not yet back to work but many are back to work at the 6 week mark, depending on the type of job you have. My recovery has been slow and my job is very physically demanding.

It may be uncomfortable to sit or to walk for a while and check with your Dr about stairs (some restrict stairs and some do not). Also check with Dr about driving (my Dr said 2 weeks but I didn’t until 4). You will likely have to deal with weight lifting restrictions for a while as well. What type of hyster are you having?

Hopefully someone with more of a “text book” recovery will be along soon to help.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery!!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 07-29-2010, 12:24 PM

My Dr wasn't very vocial with exactly the term of what I have... He just told me that I had a prolapsed cervix / uterus and that my bladder and rectum needed to be tacked as well. He said I would keep my ovaries and tubes. My hysterectomy will be done vaginaly so a TVH.
Thank you so much for your help and advise.
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM

Hi ACCOLE!!

Sounds like it will be rectocele. Looks like you will be having pretty much the same surgery as I had. You are much younger (and probably healthier) so I hope it will be somewhat easier on you than me.

You will be able to ask questions here and at your pre-op, or call the Drs office and ask the questions.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:39 PM

ACCOLE,

I had what you are having (hysterectomy, rectocele and cystocele repair) as well as a large hernia repaired. I was 47 when I had the surgery. They discovered the hernia when they took out the uterus. My recovery was uncomplicated. The recovery was a breeze. I did have tailbone pain, but a heating pad and Motrin helped with that. I was driving at three weeks and cleared at for normal activity at six weeks. The only restriction that I was given was the I am no longer allowed to lift anything over 15 - 20 lbs ever. I have never felt better to be honest. Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Accole,
I had the same procedure 1 week ago. TVH with anterior bladder repair, monarc (urethral) sling and rectocele repair at age 48. After one week, I'm feeling pretty good. Little pain mostly seems to be rectal pain. Being careful to take it easy, can walk my stairs easily, but am not driving yet. I just don't want to push things so that I continue to heal well. I expect to return to work at 6 weeks, even if I'm feeling well enough to go back sooner...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway