HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Anyone else scared they wont make it thru surgery??  Dying? Anyone else scared they wont make it thru surgery?? Dying?

Unread 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Anyone else scared they wont make it thru surgery?? Dying?

I am a bit paranoid at the moment. Does anyone else fear they wont make it through the surgery? I do. My pre-op examination adn testing was good. Ekg was great. Blood work all good. A1C Diabetic results was 7.8. Doc was happy with that. However, I am having heart palpitations. Maybe its anxiety or to much thyroid meds. I just dont know. Doc doesnt seem concerned at all.

What are my chances of having unforseen complication suring surgery that could cause me to not make it through?/ HELP!

Donna
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Re: Anyone else scared they wont make it thru surgery?? Dying?

Hi Donna,
Your reaction is perfectly normal. I had problems with rapid heart rate during my last surgery and woke up to hearing the nurses talking about it and my heart racing since they I'm totally paranoid about my next surgery, and with a history of anxiety, its been acting up again, thank god for ativan i'm working through my paranoia!

But i'm here to tell you there are alot out there that share our same feelings! We'll get through it just fine!
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:16 PM

I had my surgery on 5-21 and was scared too. Thank the lord I made it through. Sounds like you have a good doctor he took care of all the testing before hand. I do think its anixty attacks thats getting to you. I will be praying for you. Put your life in GODS hands and he will see you through this. They are always a chance of something happening but you will have alot of doctors, nurses and people that can handle about anything that will come up. Also, u might be able to talk to your doctor and he/she can give you something to take to help with anixty attacks and calm you down. God be with you and keep us posted. Im here if you need anything I can do.
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:16 PM

Thanks Sara,

It helps to hear other people's anxieties and fears associated with their upcoming surgeries and their experiences afterward. You words are encouraging.

Donna
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM

I am also worried about the what ifs.

But I have put this in the hands of a higher power. I believe there is a purpose for me here and I have not completed it yet.

Please talk to your Dr let him/her know your fears so that they can help you through this.
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:21 PM

I DO know all is in God's hands and theres no better place to be. He has actually given me more and more peace about this since its beginning. There were times in the beginning that I think I cried all I could cry and couldnt cry anymore. I am passed those days and am doing pretty well most days. However, those little agonizing what-if's creep up on me when I least expect it.
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:34 PM

You are not alone, I hear this is normal. I Don't even have my date scheduled yet & I have the same fears. I pray for the strength, emotionally & physically for myself . the hystesisters website has been wonderful, it's just like it says hysterSISTERS This is the place to come for fears & questions it's nice to talk to people that are in the same boat that can share their experiences. Good luck to you.
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:32 PM

Yes I share your feelings and I also get Anxiety attacks, my surgery will be on the 4th of August and I suffer so much with my fibroids, all we can do is pray and ask god for his will to be done, thank god I will be asleep, i know you are scared of dying and so am I, but i need to do this for my future. It's scary just living today in a world so full of hate and going to work wondering if your going to make it home to your family, but like the previous blogger mentioned we must put it in gods hands. we will be okay you will see and i will get back to you once I am home from the castle. Good luck
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM

oh boy I was totally convinced I would die during the surgery! I prepared myself for it. I prepared my daughter for it. I prepared my husband for it. All the while though they kept telling me everything was going to be fine. I told them I hoped so but in my heart I just could not 'see' anything past the surgery. I put things in order and signed over documents that my husband would need when I died. It felt like this was to be the way I would leave this earth. Guess what? I was wrong! I'm still here......and getting better every day!
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Oh my goodness! You all are so encouraging! I dont feel so alone and embarrased by my negative thoughts now. This site and all of YOU are wonderful! I can go to bed and rest easy now because I feel not so alone in my adventure.

Donna

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.