Infection in incision - 8 weeks post-op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Infection in incision - 8 weeks post-op Infection in incision - 8 weeks post-op

Unread 08-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Infection in incision - 8 weeks post-op

Ok this is going to sound really stupid of me but here goes. I had a check up 2 weeks ago and I was still having some pain on my left side. I had a CT scan about a month ago and the results were negative. Doctor told the pain was probably from an internal stitch that maybe attached itself to a nerve ending. Ok, sounded like something that would happen to me. Told me to use some lidocaine patches which I did and the pain has mostly gone away. She said my incision was 98% healed. I had a C section in 1981 and she used that sane site. Ok here comes the stupid part. I haven't really looked at my incision for about a week and I just looked at it and it's all inflamed and super red. I had my daughter look at it and she agrees with me that it looks really infected. I have put some Neosporin on it. Don't know what else to do. I will call the doctor tomorrow. Does this crap only happen to me? I was feeling so much better. It's been almost 9 weeks..... I am soooo disgusted with myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Re: Infection in incision - 8 weeks post-op

No, Believe me it does not just happen to you!!! I found out 4 weeks after my surgery that I was allergic to a suture material that they used. My surgeon has done thousands of surgeries and used this material on all of them and she has only seen two people and that includes me that are allergic to that material! That and I am allergic to Neosporin! So as far as your incision goes I would go to the ER or call your Doctor as soon as possible. If it is infected you need to be put on meds as soon as possible! Infections are not good!!!!
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:16 PM

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. No, you are not the only one this stuff happens too. My incision got so infected that it blew apart. What fun that was. I saw the doctor on Friday and now I find out I have developed at least one hernia. I have had terrible lower back and hip pain since the surgery. I will have a MRI to check for additional hernias and if there is a nerve being pinched that is causing the pain. I am nine months out from a TAH due to cancer.

Hang in there!!!

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2010, 09:31 PM

I hear you ladies...I am allergic to the paper tape used to keep the gauze in place over the infection I developed in my incision. And this stuff was supposed to be the non-allergic tape, still I have a rash, raised skin and peeling skin.
Unread 08-14-2010, 11:28 PM

my incision developed an infection at 2 weeks post op....it popped open in three places....grrr...antibiotics cleared it up....

sorry you are having to deal with this

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register