HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Life after a sacrocolpopexy Life after a sacrocolpopexy

Unread 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Life after a sacrocolpopexy

Greetings and Salutations,

I am a 60 year old who seventeen years ago had an abnominal hysterecomy, the surgeon removed all of my reproductive organs, including my cervix, he kept the least of my cystic ovaries in tact for estrogen production. Needless to say everything went south, literally, I had a pelvic / vaginal vault prolapse which led to a sacrocolpopexy and cystoscopy, on August 3rd, which is a common procedure for this problem.

My ob-gyn put me on vaginal premarin to toughen my walls, prior to the surgery and I am to continue using it after the surgery, but the side effects are confusing to me and I do have questions concerning them.

Also, major lifestyle changes are in my forcast; so heavy lifting is out, backpacking in the mountains, running around like mad woman and jumping up and down is out, so no jogging, aerobics etc. I'm basically at my witts end trying to figure out what I can do, when I can do it and how much I can do when I am allowed / released. Being the type of person that I am, I need to know the perimeters well in advance so that I can prepare for them and not go beyond them to the point of hurting myself, again..Trust me when I say this, I NEVER want to experience another prolapse and have to go through this for a second time...lol.

My hopes and expectations are that the forums here can help me fill in the blanks by giving me the golden gems that will help me make sense of all of this. The internet just isn't helping..but what an education I am getting.

Thanking all of you kind women in advance.
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Since your hysterectomy was a while ago, you might find helpful information in the links below for your post-op hysterectomy needs.

Find help with menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy in the Hormone Jungle.

If you have concerns about your bladder, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues may be of help to you.

The HysterSIsters has a place to discuss and gather support for Sexual Dysfunction post-op hysterectomy.

For other long term complication support needs of a hysterectomy, check out the Road Less Traveled forum.

Hysteritaville Fitness forums have support and clubs to help you get back in shape, encourage you to exercise and eat right!

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ. Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We hope you will find HysterSisters to be helpful to your post-op hysterectomy needs!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Re: Life after a sacrocolpopexy

to HysterSisters!

I'm glad you found us and hope you will enjoy spending time here as you heal from your recent surgery.

The Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues forum which Princess Ruby linked is the ideal place for you to start a new thread with any questions or concerns you have. Anyone with information to share can reply to you there.

Browse the site and have fun meeting new friends!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.