HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sex after DaVinci Sex after DaVinci

Unread 08-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Sex after DaVinci

I WANT SEX.
It will be 4wks tomorrow that I had my hysterectomy.

My OBGYN told me 8WKS.

8WKS

8WKS that I can't have sex. I am going crazy.
I kid you not my dr told me in the hospital "there are other ways to have sex".. yes I am quite aware of that. But I want ****. I am sorry. lol I am going crazy. I have been losing weight.. I am feeling good because I am finally NOT in pain 24/7.. I want to make love to my husband...

I can't wait 4more weeks!!!!

He said it take 6.1weeks for the vaginal shaft to heal. (He took out my uterus and cervix, through the vagina and then sewed up everything including the opening of the cervix). He fully told me DON'T MESS UP MY WORK.

Now I am haunted by those words.

My husband is deploying to Iraq for 1 year. He leaves in 2 1/2 months. I want sex.. I am sooooooooo tempted but freaking paranoid at the same time bc my dr will kick my ***. But seriously.. it's like I feel like if we are easy... what's the harm???
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Re: Sex after DaVinci

I would so not take that chance...your health is more important in the long run. The harm could be that you could mess up something internally and end up having it cause you more troubles than you had to begin with. It must be hard with your hubby going away but please follow the doctor's orders...let yourself heal...
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM

Oh the sad posts I have read about complications from having sex too soon. Its enough to make you lose all interest. There are some ladies who have been hospitalized and had multiple rehab surgeries and were miserable after complications. Why take the chance? Let things heal really well so you get cleared and then proceed. Sorry its so hard to wait but its not forever. Hang in there a while longer.
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Posh 007, I understand how you feel! I had an abdominal hysterectomy on August 19th and I am a newlywed! I had some problems with sex before I had my surgery and have been wondering if/how things will be different plus I just want to be with my husband in that way!...It must be so difficult for you with your husband going to Iraq soon! I will have to say that I think it is very important to listen to your doctor however! You really don't want to mess yourself up inside! You could end up with more problems and need additional surgery. That's what I try to keep in mind myself...easier said than done, I know...in the meantime, I am planning on a special day alone with my husband when I finally do get the go ahead from my doctor for sex. Best of luck to you!
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM

I would not take that chance. I was supposed to be released at 6 weeks but I healed slowly & it got extended to 8 weeks. I am glad we waited because I would not have wanted to do anything to hurt my recovery. Hang in there. The time will get there & it will be good that you do not have to worry about any problems.
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:57 PM

I have been told from the very beginning....TWELVE, yes 12.....weeks! Yikes!

We have certainly been frisky in other ways and it has been great, but I am looking forward to doing the deed. Sadly, my husband leaves at week 11 and I will not see him again until about week 15, so 15 weeks nothing internal.

But, I have read this board enough and don't want to risk anything going awry.
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM

I guess because I don't know the "bad" stuff that can happen.. I am like what's the harm...

I am just really frustrated.. because I already had to wait from my c-section in Feb (after he just returned home after being gone for 7 months) then my tubal/ablation in May..and now this..and he is leaving.
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:38 PM

I am so sorry you are having to wait. Just look at the big picture & know if you don't take the time now to heal correctly it could cost you more time later. You don't want to get an infection or mess up a stitch or anything like that. It is not fun, I know but it will be worth it for both of you for you to be healthy.
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM

i also had a davinci and also had to wait 8 weeks... my dr said there have been too many instances of the cuff rupturing before 8 weeks because of sex and the bowels falling out... i was not willing to take that chance...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.