HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN > Cancer: Stories of Courage

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Now I have Leukemia Now I have Leukemia

Unread 09-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Unhappy - Now I have Leukemia Now I have Leukemia

I have not been on in ages but I thought I should update my history. After the Stage IIA diagnosis, I chose to have the brachytherapy. Not only did my sex life disintegrate but now I have acquired CLL. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. No one in my family has had leukemia and the only possible exposure as they have listed as possible causes was the high dose radiation administered. I was diagnosed early as a result of routine blood work, indicating a higher than normal white cell count. My hematologist oncologist believes I would not have been symptomatic for at least another 10 years, which hopefully means I will not require treatments for at least ten years. I wasn't planning on another cancer. There is no cure for this cancer just treatment for more years. Please discuss this with your radiation oncologists. Mine told me she would not think I was crazy if I refused it seeing my cancer was very superficial, but when you are offered something that you figure will increase your odds of survival, how can you refuse? Little did I know it would also increase my odds for Leukemia. Hopefully by the time treatments are necessary they will have found a cure.
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Re: Now I have Leukemia

Sending you hugs and prayers. Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.