HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vagina hurts!  Lack of estrogen or still healing? Vagina hurts! Lack of estrogen or still healing?

Unread 09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Vagina hurts! Lack of estrogen or still healing?

Okay, please help me with this problem! I am more than three months post op, and my vagina hurts ALL THE TIME! I have had silver nitrate applied for granulation tissue three times, but the last time was three weeks ago, and the dr said at my checkup two weeks ago that it is gone. He said I had a yeast infection, so I took the pills for that, and he switched me from premarin cream to vagifem for vaginal dryness. I don't notice a difference with the vagifem (10mg).

Is this pain from lack of estrogen? My skin is horribly dry, too! My skin even hurts, like it is January. I am tired of being in pain all the time. Over the counters don't really help, and the dr probably thinks I am a junkie. He has given me more pain pills, but I only take them occasionally, like when my college boys are home for the weekend, so I can handle the activity. I am breaking 10mg Lortabs in half, and taking maybe once a day, but only every three days, or so, when I cannot put up with it anymore, and need a break! I am so tired of not getting any relief! Everybody thinks I should be feeling better by now, including me, but I am so miserable!
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Re: Vagina hurts! Lack of estrogen or still healing?

Well the dry skin sounds like your estrogen could be increased - I am on 1mg of Estodiol and I may ask to have that increased whem I see my doctor.

Not sure about the vaginal pain. If it were me I would make an appt to see the OB again and be very specific on when you feel the pain and the level of pain, and where exactly it hurts. try an help pin point what the exact problem is.

If you don't find an answer here I would try an internet search for help also.

Let us know

Elaine xo

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.