weight lose after surgery,TAH-ENDO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weight lose after surgery,TAH-ENDO weight lose after surgery,TAH-ENDO

Unread 10-31-2001, 11:42 AM
weight lose after surgery,TAH-ENDO

THE DAY OF SURGERY MY WEIGHT WAS 227LBS IT WAS'NT A BIG DEAL I FELT GOOD JUST A LITTLE SCARED. I GET WEIGHT THE DAY OF MY FIRST WEEK DOCTOR VISIT AND MY WEIGHT WAS 217LBS I KNOW I COULD'NT EAT A LOT BUT, DID SOMEONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO THEM. I LOVE WHAT THE SCALE HAVE TO SAY, BUT WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2001, 11:53 AM

Hi Chellie,
I lost 8 pounds after surgery, how much of that was uterus I'd like to find out at my next checkup!! Have since gained back 2 pounds since I'm eating more normally, but hope to keep it off, and think I can now that I'm back on the treadmill. To look at myself in the mirror I wouldn't know that I lost weight, with the dreaded swelly belly and all, but from what I'm reading here that will go away within 6 months. I'm looking forward to that!
Isn't it grand to be a Princess, I still do a little dance in the stores when I pass the "feminine supplies" aisle!!!
Unread 10-31-2001, 02:29 PM

Hi

I've lost 18 lbs total so far since surgery on Aug 30....I used to be in good shape but like u and I ...I can't tell yet by looking in the mirror..lol

Can't wait to start excerising if I ever get the energy..

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2001, 03:25 PM
Weight loss

My doctor told me, unfortunately, the uterus only weights about one pound. I had the exact opposite experience from you. On the morning of surgery I weighed 171.5 (Tuesday). On Thursday afternoon when I returned home I weighed in at 184!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After not eating for a day and barely eating for another day (and throwing up) I gained about 13 pounds. That is how I asked the uterus question of my doctor...Doctor I inquired, how in the heck could you have removed body parts from me and yet left me fatter?

Almost had a heart attack. Figure it must have been water weight, the fluids from the IV drip and the anesthesia. I am down to 163 six weeks later and anticipate losing more. I put on about 40 pounds the past two years which I attribute a great deal to the problems leading to the surgery, hormones, inability to exercise due to excessive bleeding and general depression from the whole experience. Wish me luck. I really want to get back into shape and it is the first time in a long time that I feel motivated at all.
Unread 10-31-2001, 04:04 PM
Another nice extra!

Hi Michelle,
I have lost 24 lbs since my surgery 9 weeks ago, which was a very nice additional benefit to getting rid of the cancer. I have weighed the same thing for 4 years no matter what I did, so I tend to think my problems with weight were also related to my hormonal mix ups. I hope to keep the trend going down in the future! Hope things continue to go good for you too!
Unread 11-02-2001, 12:48 PM

Within 1 week post op of my surgery I had lost 10 lbs! Sounds good, but it really isn't! I was really happy w/ my weight prior to surgery! Ive now lost 11 and really hope to get it back! I was 130 and am now 119! Wish me luck ok???
Unread 11-02-2001, 01:31 PM

My uterus with its baked potato sized fibroid only weighed a half pound, according to my surgery report, but my scale weight is 2 pounds less.

I wish you all the best getting to your desired weight. I am looking forward to exercising again, too. I love doing aerobics videos at home, and miss my morning routine. Now I go for a little walk outside and wham I want to take a nap!

Mary, if I were you I would order myself a birthday cake from a nice bakery and have them write on it "Congratulations Mary, you're Free!!". Then eat it all yourself!

viola
Unread 11-02-2001, 03:41 PM

Funny how we all have issues with our weight, either wanting less or more. Before I got sick I was a FedEx courier weighing 120 lbs. I could run up three flights of stairs or from one side of a mall to another while carrying or pulling 50+ lbs. By the time I had surgery I weighed 200 and got sinded walking up the one flight to my condo.

I have not only lost some weight (haven't been weighed) but my DH hugged me and said "hey your not my wife you have a waist". Made me laugh so hard I peed and cried from pulled stitches. lol.
Unread 11-03-2001, 07:57 AM
weight

Hi

It was nice to hear that some have lost weight, I had surgery 10 months ago and have gained 30 pounds. I am thinking it is the premarin 0.625 I am on. I was thinking of going all natural herbs. Has anyone tried this? and what do you think?

Please help
Unread 11-03-2001, 08:36 AM
Weight Loss/Gain

Hi Sisters!
I found that I had lost 4 pounds after surgery (TVH 10/4)
and have since gained 10 back. What's up with that too?
I haven't started my HRT yet, so I know that being tired all the time and lethargic has a lot to do with it. I have always had a weight problem since 1991 when I had a Thyriodectomy due to cancer. I long for the days when pre 1991 I was never over 145 lbs. Post 1991 I can never get below 180, no matter what.
I've resigned myself to the fact that this is the way I'll be for the rest of my life now. But, hoping that the HRT will improve my feeling of wellbeing and energy level so at least at 180 I'll feel good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register