HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

online testosterone cream? online testosterone cream?

Unread 10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
online testosterone cream?

Or biodenticals with no prescription....

I'm desperate, but that can't be
for real can it?
Unread 10-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Re: online testosterone cream?

Nope, probably not for real. You must have a doctor's prescription to get testosterone and real bio identical hormones. There are a few exceptions. You can purchase a Progesterone cream without a script. And I think I recall reading that you can sometimes get Estriol OTC
Unread 10-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Do you know anything about OTC DHEA? Found it in the vitamin section.
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:29 PM

My Dr told me a while back to leave DHEA alone because of the hormone effects. He didn't give details, but said it can mess a person up pretty badly. It's not just him trying to discourage OTC stuff because he had recommended the progesterone cream at one point.

Whatever you use, make sure your Dr knows what you use.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM

I go to the clinic since I have no insurance, and the Dr.'s there don't
believe in HRT. I was finally able to
get .3 Premarin out of one though.
I take Primrose Oil and a vitamin combo
as well. Insomnia and anxiety rule my life.

That's why I have been wondering about
alternatives/OTC and if I could figure
this out on my own.

Thanks for the answers.
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM

I would not take DHEA without a doctor's supervision. And you should have bloodwork first to be sure that you are low in that hormone. DHEA is a testosterone precusor, too much can result in similiar problems that can occur if you take too much testosterone. Some symptoms of excess can be irreversible.

Unread 10-27-2010, 02:24 PM

I stumbled across what appears to be an online source for testosterone cream from Australia. It is called AndroFeme and is a 1% cream. It is $65 American dollars for a tube with a $15 shipping fee to the US. I found mention of this cream on another website called managingmenopause which states that Western Australian health authorities have approved the cream for use in women.

It "seems" legitimate. Spending $80 to see if it is real may be worth while. I wonder what some of the Aussie Hyster Sisters have to say about this? I would be interested to know if doctors in Western Australia are prescribing it to their patients or if this is just a guy named Lawley selling "hormones".

I think I may order a tube just to see what it is, although I intend to wait a number of weeks before doing anything with it since I am still too soon after my surgery to start playing with hormones other than my Vivelle patch. I live out in the boon docks, so I am preparing myself for doctors out here to be living in the dark ages. I've learned a lot about hormones from all of my new-found sisters! If/when I try it, I'll let everyone know what I think.
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:22 PM

There is a place for a doctor's code, which I think means it requires a prescription. Listed at the bottom there is a note that says ALL fields must be filled out.

I would not ever order something from overseas without my doctor's okay, and not knowing whether I really needed the med/hormone or not. It is not a good idea to use testosterone if you do not need it. Many side effects of too much can be irreversible.

Also, $80 is pretty pricey, I can get a 1% compounded testosterone cream here in the US cheaper. A cream that is "made for women" just as this cream says.

Again, it is just not adviseable to order something from overseas that you may not need and without your doctor's knowledge.
Unread 10-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Just wanted to chime in on DHEA. My dr wanted me to use it initially (it tested low). I used it maybe 1 month before excess testosterone effects kicked in - cystic acne, hair on chin, etc...

Then I read you need functioning ovaries to convert it to testosterone. And there are many warnings out there about use of DHEA in women - against the use of it.

I'd definitely find a dr to manage your hormone needs.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.