HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

granular tissue granular tissue

Unread 11-03-2001, 06:56 AM
granular tissue

Has anyone had trouble with granular tissue at the cuff of the vagina? I had trouble with this during my 6 week post op recovery. My doctor had to go in and use silver nitrate to cauterize. It has been almost three months since my hyst, last weekend I did a lot of walking (we were shopping at the Mall of America, that mall is huge!) And now this past week after intercourse, I had a substantial amount of bright red bleeding. It stopped after a couple of hours. I called my doctor and went in to see her the next day. She took a biopsy to make sure it is just granular tissue and did some more cauterizing. I have to take it easy for 2 weeks, nothing in the vagina, no lifting over 10 pounds, no straining during a bowel movement. This is really frustrating, not to mention worrisome.
Unread 11-03-2001, 10:45 AM
granular tissue

I had a problem with it at 2 and 3 weeks post op. But I am only 5 weeks into recovery...sorry....I wish I could help.
I felt you could use a "bump"~
Hope you get answers soon! I know if you do a search for granulation, you will find many things...a search on the reg net that is. You might try one on this site too.
Love, hugs, and prayers
PEanut
Unread 06-19-2002, 12:40 PM
granular tissue

hi, i'm now 7-1/2 months and at 8 week post i didn't have it but about 12 weeks i got it (go figure) ... after 6 tries over 12 weeks trying to caterize it in the office, i'm going in on 7/10 under twilight anesthesia outpatient for doc to just "take care of it."

my doc said that he's been gyn since 70's and i'm the "first patient" that they couldn't take care of this in the office (lucky me). but at least we are taking care of it.

been having problems with my bladder too and i still think it's caused by the infection from the tissue because before the tissue appeared, i didn't have any bladder problems.

anyway, i'm new just found the forum.

i had several endometriosis (gradually worse since i was 16 - i'm now 39) . had surgery 10/26/01. have had multiple laproscopies, laser surgery over years. was on lupron, been scraped... (you kinda get the picture). finally said in september last year "this is it, just remove it."

they found that not only did the endo grow back from sept 00 scraping, but that a fibrous growth had grown and wrapped itself around my right (where the pain always was) ovary / fallopian tubes and embedded into the side of my uterus. they left my left ovary because it was perfect and no endo on that side. they removed right ovary, fall tube, uterus, cervix.

until this tissue grew, everything was perfect, no pain, great sex again... just waiting for the great sex to return! tissue causes pain during intercourse.

um... think that's it!

linda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.