HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid

Unread 11-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Unhappy - Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid

Hello my friends - I have not visited since May and hope all is well with everyone. I had a Total Hysterectomy done April 16. Ovaries left in. Life was good. No periods and felt great. Recovery wasn't easy but got through it. Now I am faced with another possible problem. I was curious to see if I still secreted any fluids out of my nipples since my body was changing and to my surprise, a black liquid showed on my right breast. I made an appt. with my general Dr. and he ordered a mammogram and an appt. to see a surgeon to talk about the results. My mother had breast cancer but not what she passed away from. My breast are not tender, can't feel any lumps...just black fluid when nipple is squeezed. Two years ago I had a lump removed from my left breast but it turned out to be an infection. Trying not to have my mind going in all different directions, but it's hard waiting for next Tuesday's results. I am so scared. I just feel that my body is falling apart....I would appreciate any info and support. I don't want to tell my kids or family until I get the results in case there is nothing to worry. (My fiance knows.) After talking to the nurse yesterday on the phone from my OB/GYN wondering why I need to see the surgeon instead of my OB/GYN Dr. she informed me that my general Dr. was very pro-active and did the right thing. Even the nurse is concerned. She said something is definately wrong. Will let you know the results when I find out next week...Again...thanks for your support and have a Blessed Day....
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Re: Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid

I am very sorry to hear you are having to deal with this....I am saying a prayer for you. I have never had to deal with an issue like this, but I am here if you need a shoulder. Take care and be strong! Please let me know what your results say.
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM

I too am sorry you have to deal with the anxiety of what comes next. I hope your results are on a positive note. Take time for yourself to unwind and de-stress. "Take each day an hour at a time"
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Thank you for your concerns. On Friday - got my mammo done, sent to waiting room, called in for more pics, sent to waiting room, then told I needed an ultrasound, sent to waiting room (by now the girls that came in after me were leaving). After ultrasound - sent to waiting room then met with Radiologist. We looked at my 2006,07, 08 and mammo taken Friday. I was sent there for a discharge on my right nipple when expressed but Radiologist said he was more concerned w/left breast. They found more than 12 calcifications right behind my nipple (which inverted lately btw) and he is 50/50 (on the fence) not sure if it is early cancer. He said it would have been 25-35% but since my Mom had breast cancer b4 she passed away - he uped it to 50%. I go Tuesday morning w/my fiance to the surgeon to talk about treatments. I admit, pretty frightening...wonder if that started my bleeding for 3 months that led to my April 16 total hysterectomy. Neway,,read pamphlet on types of options - they are suggesting MRI and biopsy. If anyone has any suggestions on another website or solutions, I would appreciate it. Thank you and lots of love,,,,,,
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Smile - Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid Re: Breast Cancer concerns, black fluid

It sounds all too familiar. Definitely get 2nd opinion if you are not comfortable with the surgeon. Once you get results from biopsy you'll know more after surgeon gets info from path. BRAC analysis is recommended and usually covered by insurance if you are under 50 yrs of age or have a family history. So double ck on that. If it is positive then your immediate family members will have to know and get tested or watched closely. I just had all that done back in March and info was negative for me. I have two daughters and Onco wanted to rule that out. I hope you are satisfied with your Dr.s, and they are supportive to you. Pray for strength (on a regular basis) or whatever helps you to stay strong. Get healthy so you heal faster and pace yourself. You need your physical stength. I can't give you any websites on this thread, but I can tell you the Dr. Susan Love has a current book that oncology lent me, and she does have a website. I hope you have a restful night.
Unread 11-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Hi, years ago I had Black fluid leaking from both breasts was very concerned and upset, I had ultrasounds and a mammogram and was then referred to a Breast surgeon who said it was all completly normal and certain medications can cause it, I was told not to worry it cleared after awhile and have no problems since, best wishes
Unread 11-08-2010, 04:28 AM

Thank you guys for your support and suggestions. We go 2morrow to talk to surgeon...The radiologist told me he is not sure that the black fluid coming out of my right nipple is associated with new findings on the left. Hopefully I'll get more answers tomorrow instead of waiting for biopsy results...This waiting is just horrible...but trying to stay strong for myself, kids and fiance. My fiance loss his daughter with lung cancer (never smoked). When they found out - stage IV already and only survived 8 mos. later. I don't want him to go thru this again if I do have breast cancer. I'll tell you what, he is so supportive, loving and caring. We are a team and he has always been by my side..Will let you guys know what I find out 2morrow from the surgeon...
Unread 11-14-2010, 01:44 PM

Hi girls...sorry I haven't been on here since my last post. We went to the surgeon and this Wed. (11/17) I am having a Stereotactic Core biopsy done to find out about the spots behind my left nipple. I am very happy w/all Drs. and surgeon. Results will be 11/22 or 11/23. The black fluid has lessened and he feels it will clear up in a month. If not, he wants to do a MRI on the right. Keeping a positive attitude...BTW, my fiance's new insurance is changing Jan 1 and I will be dropped since we are considered "domestic partners" and not married yet. Does anyone know of any decent (not too expensive) medical insurance in PA? Thanks for your prayers and I extend mine to you all as well.
Unread 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM

Sorry to hear...My prayers are with you. Keep me posted!
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:25 AM

I am going thru this right now.. my 2nd appt is next Tues for more films.
Had my hyst for cancer almost 3 yrs ago... Told everyone if they had told me I had b.c. I would not have been surprised as my Mom and several of her sisters and my Grandmother had b.c.
Will be anxious to hear how things go for you. I have had secretions that can be expressed for several years now. At one point I had a ductogram where they insert a needle in the milk duct and then take a mammogram... i think that was about 8 yrs. ago. But the findings were fine.
Hoping it will be okay...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.