HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

period and spotting 2 1/2 years post ablation period and spotting 2 1/2 years post ablation

Unread 11-05-2010, 10:02 AM
period and spotting 2 1/2 years post ablation

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on. Had ablation done 2 1/2 years ago, no bleeding (once in a while a little spotting; not even enough to put on a panty liner). All of the sudden this week I got a period for 2 days, had to use a tampon and now days later I am spotting.
Anyone have this happen?
Appreciate any info.
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Re: period and spotting 2 1/2 years post ablation

Have you called your doctor's office to let them know what is going on? Your doctor may have some answers for you and may also want you to come in for an exam.

in there!
Unread 11-05-2010, 08:34 PM

I have the same problem. Had my novasure ablation in 2006, spotted when it felt like happening, nothing that required a panty liner but wore one anyway...but this week, oh my god....cramps, and flowing and wearing an overnight pad. I had my tubes tied this past july, and ever since then i have spotted more and more....this is the worst since then. I dont get it.
Unread 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM

Hi ladies... I too just went through the same thing... I had an ablation in 2006 and no spotting what so ever for almost 5 years... Then holy smokes September 7th came about and I was in a ball crying with cramps so horribly bad, then came the gush of a period???? I almost went to the ER, but called my DR... I was in her office first thing the next morning and they didn't have an explantion, until I had an ultra sound and the one inside your vagina (forgot what that was called)... Anyways they think I have adenomyosis because of blood found in clots outside the uterous in the mucsles.....

They gave me options of BC or hysterectomy and I have never done well with BC and waited to see what October would be like... I wondered if it was a fluke??? Nope the cramps were worse and the gush was so heavy So I have opted with the advice of my DR, whom I trust completely, to hav a hysterectomy where they just remove the uterous...

I have been glued to hystersisters asking, reading, replying and asking some more. This is a very personal decision I have had to make, but I feel this will ensure I will no longer have all this pain and now bleeding... Even though I had the ablation, I had excessive cramping and bloating so I am hoping this too will go away...

Good luck to you both and you will find you really like this site!
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:50 AM

i want to call the dr, but its the same dr that my sister had for her hysterectomy that ended with an entrapped nerve in her pelvic area and she is suffering so bad with chronic pain....so i am leary on calling and talking to her about another surgery. Today sucks, cramps so bad very bloated and that is not something i have felt since before ablation surgury. my 10 year old informed me she does not want to start her peroid because she sees me all "blah" told her she doesnt have a choice lol but oh my....i cant stand up straight, it hurts...to be honest, the cramps feel like fricken labor pains....OUCH Normally i start to spot but its gone by days end...not this time.....im going on day 3, maybe having my tubes tied did something, i have no clue

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.