HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

what are the symptoms of internal bleeding? what are the symptoms of internal bleeding?

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
what are the symptoms of internal bleeding?

At 5 weeks post op I am still bleeding. Last Thursday and Friday- it was bright red gushes with clots. My dr. gave me Lysteda last Friday to thicken my blood. I am on my last day of that and still spotting. My abdomen is very swollen and sore. Even under my ribs and around my belly. I have the laproscopic supercervical hysterectomy. I kept the cervix and one ovary. Is low blood pressure and fatigue a main symptom I should be looking out for? I see the Dr. on Thursday, but can't help my worrying about this swelling and pain. Last week my pants fit. This week, I'm going around with my top botton undone.... great right. I can't wear my stretch pants to work, ugh. Any info would be great.
Unread 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Re: what are the symptoms of internal bleeding?

Low blood pressure. A fast heart rate. Pain in the area of bleeding. A swelling or hardness to your belly. I would go to the ER. I hope all goes well. You will be in my prayers.
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:53 AM

I would also recommend going to ER. I had internal bleeding after my surgery and had a lot of pain under the ribcage. Low blood pressure is what alerted the nurses that something was going on. I wouldn't take chances with it because time matters if you are bleeding internally. I was bleeding at such a rate that my doctor said it was a challenge for him to make sure I made it. He didn't tell me that until I was recovered, but I could tell my his face and the reaction of the staff that I was in some serious trouble. Please let us know how you are. I'm saying a prayer for you. One thing I will add, my bleeding was through the stomach and intestines so I didn't have any vaginal bleeding associated with what was going on internally.
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:33 PM

I was bleeding internally due to a hematoma..the pain was intense. I could hardly stand upright-I was extremely weak. When I stood I immediately felt like I was going to faint..which I eventually did, 3 times. My blood pressure dropped alarmingly low and my breathing became very shallow. My skin was a very strange color - somewhere between yellowish and beige. If you start feeling extreme pain or weakness go to the emergency room ASAP. Internal bleeding is very dangerous.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.