HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Continued Abdominal Pain 3 months post-op Continued Abdominal Pain 3 months post-op

Unread 11-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Continued Abdominal Pain 3 months post-op

I am 3 months post op and continue to have abdominal pain. I have had 3 visits back to my OB and he thought at first I had an infection and then maybe a urinary tract infection, eventhough my urine came back normal. I spoke with his nurse today and she tried to blow off my symptoms to being due to the fact that I still have one ovary and could be going through my ovulation cycle. I am experiencing pain, nausea, urinating and bowel pain and less frequent. This is so frustrating because no one seems to believe me that I am in real pain. It's like they are sick of hearing me complain about it. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!!!! PLEASE!!!
Unread 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Re: Continued Abdominal Pain 3 months post-op

Hi, Kerri, I am at 11 weeks postop, and I also have pains upon urinating and bowel pain, and I know I don't have any bladder infections as I already dealt with that about three weeks ago. It hurts when I start peeing, sort of like my bladder is deflating, and feels better after I go, but my intestines hurt, too. The only time I don't notice it is when I'm laying down. My sister tod me she had same symptoms about the same time. Feels like it will never go away.
Unread 11-18-2010, 06:55 PM

Hi Kerri
I'm sorry you're struggling with this. I had unexplained pain for several months after my hysterectomy too. My doctor never could find anything wrong and it finally cleared up after he sent me to a physical therapist who helped me stretch and exercise to get to where I could do things without the pain.

Your situation doesn't sound exactly the same, but I wanted to encourage you that sometimes these things do clear up with time. It might be time to get another opinion. Maybe seeing a urologist would be wise since you're having pain urinating? Don't lose heart here. I know it's frustrating when your dr can't figure out what's happening, but it doesn't mean it's in your head and don't let that thought start to plague you.

Have you read anything on bladder spasms? I thought of that when I read your post and it might be something to consider if your dr hasn't looked into it as a cause of your pain. I have read of many women having pain for some time after their surgeries because of them and it happens when they urinate. You can do a search on "bladder spasms" here on the site and pull up threads where it's been discussed.

in there. Keep looking for your answers. I hope you find them soon.
Rita
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM

I am 5 months out from a LATVH with both ovaries removed. I still have pain. Somedays it is cramping like when I had my painful periods, other days it just plain hurts.
When I repeatedly went to my Gyn ,who did the surgery and whom I have been using for 23 years, he would just say that my surgery was complicated and I would heal slower than most people. I have also had right hip pain that is pretty intense since the night of my surgery. I had really bad finger print bruises on both my ankles with the right ankle being more severe. When I metioned it to my gyn he literally just looked at me and changed the subject.
So anyway, I got fed up with him doing nothing and went to see my PCP. She has been really great and for the past few weeks I have been taking several meds. she wanted to see if this would help before we did anything more extensive(ins. purposes). The medicine has not done anything to alleviate the pelvioc pain or the hip pain. So I am scheduled for a CT of the Abdomen and pelvis on Monday morning. After she see the results from that then she is going to do an MRI of my right hip. she said that it does take 6 months to a year to feel normal again after this surgery but that the cramping in my pelvis is not normal and of course the intense hip pain is not normal.
So all this to say that maybe it is time for you to see someone else and try to get answers.
Good Luck as you try to find answers and I hope you get some soon.
Unread 11-22-2010, 11:26 PM

thanks for all the posts ladies. It is encouraging to hear that I'm not alone here. I wish you the best of luck with finding out what is going on with yourself and if you could share with me that would be great. Thanks again

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.