HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 11-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Humor

Since I am finally feeling better, I decided it was time to share some "hysterectomy" humor.

The first night home from the castle I was not able to get in my bed so I opted for the good old lazy boy recliner. My husband, son, and daughter were all here (kids are grown but were staying to help Mom out). Well anyway they all went to bed and left Mom all alone in living room with a small dinner bell in case I needed anything. About 3 am, I needed to pee really bad and found I could not get myself out of the darn recliner. I rang and rang my bell to no avail. I felt like the town crier. I was mentally making notes that these people would get no cheesecake or brownies out of me again. I was in such a dilemna, what to do? Then I thought of my daughter's cell phone. Yes indeed she would answer it. So I grabbed my cordless phone and dialed her cell phone number. Ring, ring!!!!!! Shoot she had left her cell phone on the table by my recliner. Hmmm, what next? Aha!!!!! I could reach her cellphone. So being the resourceful princess that I am, I dialed the family phone number. There are extensions in all the bedrooms and they all three answered at once. I cried for help and they were all in the living room within minutes. It was hysterical. Sleepy eyed, mussy haired people coming to my rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-07-2001, 03:49 PM
Humor

Ohmygoodness... that is TOO FUNNY!!!

~~Kate, whose tummy is still sore up here in
Unread 11-07-2001, 03:50 PM
Humor

I almost forget to tell you guys that my family likened me to a jeopardy player with my pain pump in the hospital. Hmmm, I will take demoral for $500, Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-07-2001, 04:35 PM
Humor

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 11-07-2001, 06:38 PM
Still laughing!

Hey DJYBH,

Thanks girl, I needed that!!!!!

Still laughing with tummy pillow in hand!!!

Susan
Unread 11-08-2001, 05:12 AM
Humor

Hi DJ, thanks for sharing...that really is a funny site to picture!

It reminds me of when I had my surgery. My DH had brought home a pair of walkie-talkies from his work for the same reason. The first night I was home, I opted to stay downstairs in my living room instead of climbing 15 steep steps to the bedroom. No problem...DH took his walkie-talkie to bed with him and I had mine. In the middle of the night I found I needed some assistance....talked into my walkie-talkie til I was practically blue in the face with no response. It seems that my 13 y/o son had done so many "practice" runs prior to my surgery that he wore the battery down!

Best wishes and 's
Unread 11-08-2001, 05:28 AM
Humor

Tina,

It is nice to be able to look back at these things now with a little smile. I don't know about you, but I am so glad to be feeling better. To be quite honest, I feel better then I have felt in years. Wish I had this done years ago.
Unread 11-08-2001, 05:59 AM
Humor

I needed that too!!!

ROFLOL

Dawn

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.