Scheduled TAH Pain becoming unbearable | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain becoming unbearable Pain becoming unbearable

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Pain becoming unbearable

I am scheduled to have a TAH on December 15th, so it's a countdown for me. My last day of work is Thursday, just to get things in order- however - it seems the pain has become really hard now. It's coming close time for my cycle so I know what to expect, but this pain is something new to me. It's hard to walk sometimes.
Maybe it's that I am now noticing the pain more and more since the time to get rid of it is near.

Anyone else had this happen or is happening now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Re: Pain becoming unbearable

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeroni24 View Post
I am scheduled to have a TAH on December 15th, so it's a countdown for me. My last day of work is Thursday, just to get things in order- however - it seems the pain has become really hard now. It's coming close time for my cycle so I know what to expect, but this pain is something new to me. It's hard to walk sometimes.
Maybe it's that I am now noticing the pain more and more since the time to get rid of it is near.

Anyone else had this happen or is happening now?
I am going thru the same thing too. The last couple days have been so bad I had to double up on the Percocet. My period wasn't due for another week but it came this morning. Not to scare you but last night my uterus fell inside my vagina because my fibriods have gotten so big it caused prolapse. It scared the wits out of me and I was bawling like a baby. I called the nurse this morning and she said to keep my butt in bed until next week. So now I'm laying here with a pillow under my tush trying to keep my insides inside! For the last 2 days it was very painful to walk because the pain was shooting down my left leg and all day yesterday it felt like a fibroid was pushing out my butt. As soon as you can I would get in bed and stay there until next Wednesday. I didn't listen and was out of bed too much during the last few weeks. Now I know why they told me to stay off my feet. We are going to the castle on the same day so if you want a sister to chat with as we count down I'm right here. I'm soooo bored to!
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:18 AM

Wow- I am so sorry to hear that! I know that was something that scared "everything" out of you. I will check with my doctor about the Percocet, I am only taking regular meds that put me to sleep!
Of course I would love to chat! My last day at work is tomorrow, after that, I hope to take it ease

You take it easy! We don't need nothing else falling down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Veeroni22,

I started my period days before my TAH and was afraid to take any pain meds because I didn't want my surgery to be cancelled (I should have called DR to ask what I could take). But, the pain was so bad I couldn't wait for them to put me under. I couldn't sleep the night before, not because of worry but because of pain.

I am sorry your in such pain but it will all be over soon. And, after my surgery the pain was there, but easier to handle since I knew it would get better with time. I was right. Now, I am so happy to be pain free!!

Your almost there. Hang in there!!

Unread 12-08-2010, 04:36 PM

I can't believe that there are SO many of you in the same placce as I. I am scheduled for the 14th and I am suppose to ger my period on the same day. Can they still do surgery if you have your period?
I am also in pain and just want it to stop. My surgeon prescribed me precoct, finally, today but I have to drive 25 miles to pick up the prescription, I guess they are not able call it in for some reason, so now I have to get there tomorrow somehow during the work day. In a side note I have been taking codine/advil combinatin and his nurse told me today to stop because it will thin my blood and, to quote her" I will gush blood all over the operating table" Nice info! Sorry to be so dramatic but that is what she said to me.
Keep in touch. I am praying for you all!
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM

I'm convinced that if any of this were happening to a man, it would be an emergency and they would get surgery right away. At the moment I'm on the couch cramping so badly I'm wondering if I'm going to birth a fibroid before surgery.
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM

After reading some posts I see that Aunt Flo can come with you when you have surgery. Sorry that sometimes we don't read before we post but the freaking out comes first.
Talked with my PCP, who I love, and she once again has eased my nerves. It will be fine you guys, really this is the hardest part!
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:12 PM

I thought I was the only one that felt like maybe the pain is in my head. Ever since I got the answer as to what was growing inside of me, I have felt the pain so much more now. Then again I think I've been in survival mode for so long that I wouldn't allow myself to feel it before. I've been cuddling with a heating pad on the couch for days now while flo beats me up one last time.
I wonder if I'll feel guilty when I watch her beat up all my friends once a month from here on out and I won't feel a thing
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Pain becoming unbearable

My tah is going to be on the 16th of dec I had to have a endometrial biopsi if I didn't. Have the test my insurance was not going toapprove the surgery I ll know by fri when the results are in I'm a little scared I've let this go for about12 yrs ikeep telling myself I will feel so much better thx for letting me vent:}
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:47 PM

I totally understand! It seems like ever since I scheduled surgery I either hurt super bad and can't wait to have surgery or I don't hurt at all and question the need for the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register