HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

I can't have anymore children :( I can't have anymore children :(

Unread 12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I can't have anymore children :(

My name is Jenna... I'm 25 and I had my hysterectomy a little over a year ago. I'm really having a hard time dealing with the fact that I can't have anymore children. I have a wonderful 6 year old son but I feel so sad.... any advise would be great. Thanks
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Re: hi :)

hi Jenna! I think we all as women mourn the loss of our uteruses in different ways. I have several children and am a little bit older, and only 3 weeks post op, but I try to remember the positives...I dont have to worry about pain or bleeding unexpectedly...dont have to worry about buying pads or keeping a change of clothes with me. I also think that every woman that has a hyster at some point whether they have no kids, or a lot of kids have sad feelings about KNOWING that there will be no more babies...at least no more babies being carried and born the usual way. Even I have (already) had a few twinges of "OMGosh what if I made a mistake!" but I know that in my heart that I really dont want anymore kids. And I know it was the right choice for me! I guess just spend lots of time with your 6 year old, and enjoy him as much as you can! And remember thar since you only have 1 you can do more with him than you could if you had more. I may not have been any help, but remember that you arent alone...all of us here have had hysters and this is a really great site!
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Re: hi :)

Thanks. its always a help to hear from someone going through the same thing. It is wonderful to not be in pain all the time your sure right about that!
Unread 12-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Re: I can't have anymore children :(

Im right there with ya hunnie,im 24 i have 2 boys and sometimes my heart just cant seem to accept the fact that this is it for us. I let myself feel the emotions i dont denie myself that because i fear it will make this harder to recover from emtionaly. Sometimes i cry sometimes i want to throw things at my husband because he will never understand how much my heart hurts but i cant take it out on him,its not his fault my uterus is messed up. all i can really do it love my boys hug squeeze and kiss them as much as i can before they are all grown up. I feel like i have plenty of time since my oldest is 3 and my youngest is 11 months but time has already flown by so fast.What iam currently trying to figure out is what am i supposed to do when my boys are older and all i want in the world is hug my little chubby baby again. But for now i will keep on squeezing them and hope that someday i will be at peace with it.
good luck jen, i know i cant change the way you feel because no one can really change the way i feel but coming here and reading what the ladies say does help me alot. It helps me realize how lucky i am to have what i do have and to know that im not alone.
HUGS!!
-ashley
Unread 12-18-2010, 08:08 AM

It is nice not to be alone. I get upset with people to because they don't understand...its not their fault but its still frustrating . I haven't met anyone that was as young as me that this happened to. My baby is almost seven and he's so independent. It would be a perfect time for me to have a other one! Lol and it kills me that I can't. Thank you for replying I hope we can talk more soon!
Unread 12-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen23 View Post
It is nice not to be alone. I get upset with people to because they don't understand...its not their fault but its still frustrating . I haven't met anyone that was as young as me that this happened to. My baby is almost seven and he's so independent. It would be a perfect time for me to have a other one! Lol and it kills me that I can't. Thank you for replying I hope we can talk more soon!
I think one of the other things that helps alot is that i remind myseld that since i only have 2 boys i will be able to do alot for them give them nice things and take them on vacation. I have to sometimes sit back and remember these things wont be possible if i had a bunch of kids. Although my heart would prefer a bunch of kids i am going to really look forward to doing these things with my boys watching their faces the first time they go to dineys and such. My husband always says "quality not quanity" and i am begining to understand what he means by that more and more.
-ash

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.