Scheduled dVH/RALH scars? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
scars?

I guess this is a question for post oppers... I'm wondering what the daVinci scars will be like and will my belly button look different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Re: scars?

I had daVinci surgery in October and my scars are not that bad. I have 4 small spots that are maybe 1/2" and one that is about an inch (where they take everything out). As for my belly button I would never know they went in there but I have an "innie" could be different for other belly button types. The location of my scars are 4 along my natural waist and one above my belly button. I believe the placement of the tools depends on your size and the size of what they are removing. I think mine may be higher than normal because I had a huge fibroid (think football) removed- all out of a 1" hole- I think that is amazing.---Lisa
Unread 12-17-2010, 02:03 PM

that is amazing! My fibroid is the size of an orange. they are taking uterus, fibroid, and cervix out via the 'love tunnel' lol.
Thank you for your response! I am so happy to have the Da Vinci technology. I also have an inny. Someone had told me my belly button would look weird and I got nervous. Pretty dumb thing to be nervous about considering...

I can't stand anyone even touching my belly button. it's really sensitive and bugs me. I'm hoping while it heals it doesn't freak me out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2010, 04:20 PM

TreeMoonFire -

I have 5 scars, as noted already they are very small. They did not go in through my belly button that incision is about an inch above my belly button. The scars are in slightly different places on each of us because they place the ports based on your body.

They aren't very noticeable at all. One is almost completely faded.

G.
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:56 PM

Honestly, I can not even tell that they did anything with my belly button. The Dr. told me that that is where he would "inflate" me. I have to take his word for it. I have had no tenderness, oozing, or any other signs of it being used for anything at all.---L
Unread 12-17-2010, 10:42 PM

were you scared to look at yourself naked after the surgery?! hahahaha... i'm asking the really silly questions, i know. are the holes covered for a long time before you actually change bandages
Unread 12-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Mine were covered with steri strips and nothing else. I had one that got a bit oozy after about a week and I called the doctor and the nurse just told me to put a gauze pad over it. It stopped after a few days. The steri strips will start to peel in some areas and I just trimed them or if they fell all the way off I put a bandaid over it so it did not rub on my clothes. The Dr. removed the few steri strips that were left at my 2 week appt. After that I have not had anything on them.
Unread 12-18-2010, 08:32 PM

so they use semi strips instead of stitches?
Unread 12-18-2010, 09:29 PM

I had stitches and those were covered with steri-strips. Some came off in a Couple of weeks, other the dr took off at my first appointment. The stitches dissolved on their own.

G
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:03 PM

Thank you!!! This whole experience would be so different without this site. I feel so much more comfortable thanks to my sisters.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register