HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

4 weeks post op and now the yellow discharge has changed to brownish yellow 4 weeks post op and now the yellow discharge has changed to brownish yellow

Unread 01-10-2011, 12:50 AM
4 weeks post op and now the yellow discharge has changed to brownish yellow

last week the discharge was yellow and today it's brownish yellow, should i be concerned? last week i told my doctor and she said it was normal. i still have pain on the left side as well. tuesday i going in to have a pelvic sonogram done,just to make sure everything is okay. has anyone experience this in the 4th week? i had light bleeding when i came home, then nothing and now this, i have two weeks before i go back to work i need to make sure everything is okay becuase i will not be able to take any days off once i'm back...smh
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:23 AM
Re: 4 weeks post op and now the yellow discharge has changed to brownish yellow

I have very little discharge....did the color go from white to yellow in week 3? I have to go back to work next week...My 4th week....I'm nervous! I don't think I am ready. My surgery was much easier than yours but still
I get so wiped out and SWOLLEN every day. How about you? Please let us know what happens and what your doc says. My doc is so brief. Never
any real info. Good Luck!!

Macy G
Unread 01-10-2011, 11:33 PM

it started off yellow, it's weird because i didn't see anything today maybe becuase i've been resting for the last two days not sure. i'm still going to my appt. tomorrow though becuase i will not rest until i know for sure that everything is okay inside of me. will you everyone posted.
Unread 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM

well i went to my doctor today and had the pelvic ultrasound, my left ovary is fine and my right ovary has a small cyst on it, the person taking the test said it's nothing to worry about my doc will probably just monitor, she said someone patient have huge ones on their ovaries. i also took a vaginal test to make sure i don't have any infections, becuase of the discharge color and smell. so i will call later on in the week to find out how that test came out....smh

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.