HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Questions about bleeding three weeks after novasure Questions about bleeding three weeks after novasure

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Questions about bleeding three weeks after novasure

Bleeding after novasure. Hi, everyone...New to this site so I hope I am posting correctly. Had novasure done a week ago. Procedure was fine and no cramping afterwards. However, three days afterwards, I started moderate bleeding and am continuing to bleed every day. Is this a failed ablation or should I give it more time? Anybody else have bleeding so soon after the procedure and how long did it last. I am so upset! Thanks!
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Re: Questions about bleeding three weeks after novasure

We are glad you have found the site and hope we are able to offer you some helpful information and support!

It is possible that the bleeding is still part of the healing process. Additionally, not all women find their periods stop completely following an ablation.

Have you talked to your doctor?

You might also want to check out the Endometrial Ablation Discussion Group for more information.

Give your body a bit more time before deciding if the ablation failed or not. With a bit more time, things might improve for you!

Unread 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

I had the NovaSure Ablation done and my OB/GYN told me it was a 50/50 chance of working. I had a fibroid and heavy long periods. It did not work for me. I waited 4 more mths. to be sure then went ahead and had a hysterectomy.
Let yourself have a few mths. of cycles and then see how it worked for you. Most women experience lighter flow or shorter periods. Not everyone is guranteed no periods after Ablation.
Hope this helps!
Unread 01-13-2011, 09:07 AM

My first period after ablation was a lot more then the ones after. They were actually light for over 2 years.

I would call the doctor, sadly, ablation doesn't always work or it doesn't work forever. 3 years after mine I just had a hysterectomy.
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Hi Milly,

I have the same concerns. I had my fibroid removal/ablation about a week ago. Here is a run down of my bleeding pattern:

Day 1: need to change my pad every 2-3 hours until the evening.
Day 2 & day 3: light pink spotting that was watery
Day 4: back to bleeding enough to change my pad every 2-3 hours (probably because I tried to do to much because I felt pretty good)
Day 5 & 6: spotting that was watery/pink still needed a pad which I changed every 3-4 hours even though it wasn't "full"

Tomorrow is day 7. I am sincerely hoping that the bleeding/spotting stops. I have read that it is common to spot pinkish/have a watery discharge for up to 6 weeks.

Good Luck to you. I hope both of us can throw our pads away SOON!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.