HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

new severe pain above pubic hairline during ovulation new severe pain above pubic hairline during ovulation

Unread 01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
new severe pain above pubic hairline during ovulation

I am debating going to ER..it's my time to be ovulating, I have had issues this time of month, was suppose to have TAH tom but was cancelled due to flu. I have severe cramping right above my pubic hair line area. My legs are hurting pretty bad and I am very tired. The pain has just never really been low like this. Hydrocodone really not doing anything for it. Could it be that maybe my uterus has dropped lower or I have a prolapse of another sort. I have not been examined since sept. Just concerned bc pain is in completely different area then ever before. I usually feel really swelled down there and have a lot of discharge around this time of month but never pain there. Just another reason why I want my ovaries out! don't want this kind of pain after TAH! The only reason for going to ER is in hope they might do a scan or something right now while things are happening. Anyone else have pain that low during this time of month? My last menstrual started on the 9th. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 01-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Re: new severe pain above pubic hairline during ovulation

Sorry that you're suffering from the pain. Did you go to ER?

I wondered if the flu has anything to do with your discomfort. Do give your doctor/nurse a call in the morning if the problem persists.

Hope you will feel better soon.
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:05 AM

Thank you. I didn't go to the ER..today was better but I do not feel it was flu related. Just so confused and ready to be better! Today I made some calls trying to see if there is anyway (financially) I can have the surgery in another town by a gyno. I am in waiting since my surgery got cancelled, just waiting on the surgeons call. I have read so much on here and just feel like I need to have it done by someone who deals with only female issues vs a general surgeon. I will still let him do it if all else fails but I figured while I am waiting I will try.
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:53 AM

I know about the feeling of 'waiting'. My hysterectomy was delayed when the 'ring' used for holding the belly button was 'recalled'. The hospital was waiting for the new supply from a different company and nobody knew when it would be. But the delay allowed me to have a somewhat 'normal' Christmas...

My surgeon is young and specialized in the new technique of Laparoscopic surgeries. The interesting part was that my Medicare Advantage plan started in January this year. Becuase of the delay, I actually had paid less for the surgery (The co-payment is lower.)
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:13 AM

Is there any chance you have a bladder infection? I have a bladder condition (IC) that can cause pain across the pubic bone.

Unread 01-25-2011, 02:46 AM

I used to have around four days of severe pain starting at the lower left side, travelling to just above my pubic bone when I was ovulating. Could not walk straight from it and went to the dr numerous times for it and every time they coukd not find anything. I had fibroids and prolapse.

Had a hysterectomy on December 10th and have not had that pain since, but still aching on the left side when ovulating (kept ovaries).

If you arer worried, do go and see your dr. There are numerous organs in that area and it could be anything...or nothing. But better to be safe.
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:14 PM

i had my hysterectomy jan. 25 and yesterday i think i ovulated, my last period was the 9th so it sounds about right, i have always had ovulation pain and describe it as dry socket of the vagina, its painful to urinate or have a BM, not to go but the "dry socket" feeling gets worse when i try, my ovulatoin pain got real bad after i had my tubes tied, has anyone else experienced this and will it ease up????
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:05 AM

I ended up going to ER days later..when I had blood in ovulation discharge and severe pain. well they found I had/have a bladder infection. I have had a severe kidney infection before which landed me in the hospital for a week. I am glad they found that. I don't have most of the typical UTI symptoms like burning. So I got a script for Cipro, which I was hesitant to take. I did take 3 doses and had side effects so I quit taking them after I called the ER and the pharmacist. They said it prob killed the infection already anyways. Well my back is hurting more than usual which is bad anyway. We are snowed/iced in and everything has been closed. I seriously may have to go back to ER just to pee in cup and hopefully they can give me an antibiotic that will work.BUt i sure don't want another kidney infection like before. The ovary pain is another story, getting worse every time, now my boobs hurt again and I will dreadfully have another monthly! MY boobies haven't hurt like this for almost 2years, it use to be a typical sign for me every month and hurt bad. I guess my hormones are totally screwed up. No idea..none of that has ever been tested. so ready to figure out when, where, and with who this surgery will ever happen. Especially seeing how I had it scheduled. UGH

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.