HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Itchy skin feeling I got bugs inside me, help Itchy skin feeling I got bugs inside me, help

Unread 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Itchy skin feeling I got bugs inside me, help

Is this part of perimenoposal I been having this Itchy crawly feeling in my skin like if I had bugs inside of me. I especially feel itchy at night I thought I had bed bugs in my bed but I can't find any bugs, It's driving me crazy every nite, wake up several times durning the night and also I get the feeling durning the day too. Help what can I do I just start my HRT on Entrace .50mg.
Unread 01-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Re: Itchy skin feeling I got bugs inside me, help

Could you be allergic to something your taking. I have had medication do the same thing you are describing.
Unread 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM

please call your doctor right away. please. it sounds like you are having an allergic reaction (of the type that tend to be worse at night). it could get worse and even dangerous to where you have trouble breathing .
please, please see a doctor as soon as you can.
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:24 PM

hey....if you are not allergic to anything it might be your nerves...i felt like I has ants or bed bugs or body lice eating on me and I went to my doc and he said it was my nerves..check with your doc...good luck
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:03 AM

My surgery was on the 18th and for the past few days, I have been extremely itchy right below my belly button (not at the lap incision, but about an inch below it) and on my neck and around my face.....has anyone else experienced that?
Unread 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM

I had my surgery on the 24th and started yesterday feeling itchy all over my body. I am not on any pain meds, so it can't be an allergic reaction. It is so uncomfortable. Is this a result of no estrogen? Any suggestions?
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:54 PM

For some women, "formication", the feeling of ants crawling on or under the skin (the term comes from formic, the Latin word for ant), can be a symptom of no/too little estrogen. However, itching can also be a generalized reaction to pain medications, anesthesia or any number of other things, so it's always best to let your DR know.

s,
-Linda
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM

I'm 4 months post-op. I have been having red itchy skin from head to toe for several days. I'm not taking pain meds and still have my ovaries. I went to the doctor and found out that I may have an autoimmune deficiency. I now have to have blood panels ran. They will check hormones on top of it. It is making me insane. I'm on one of the strongest prescription antihistamines on the market and it's doing nothing!
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Had 2 wk post op yesterday and dr. couldn't explain the itching and rash below belly button but said to use cortizone cream...still itchy!!!

Someone on another thread said something about possibly being a yeast infection on the skin....that would make sense!!!! Dr. gave her antibiotics....

I'm ready to claw the skin open on my tummy!!!! AAARRRGGGG
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:26 PM

Yeast infections on the skin are also a possibility after surgery... but antibiotics are not effective against yeast infections. For those you need an antifungal.

s,
-Linda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway