HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Masturbation, when okay? Masturbation, when okay?

Unread 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Masturbation, when okay?

I know there's no intercourse until around 6 wks and release by Dr, but what about masturbation:new? When is it okay?
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Re: Masturbation, when okay?

Hello!

This question comes up a lot but the only answer we can give is that it is okay when your doctor says it's okay. It's important to follow your own doctor's orders about when it's safe to engage in any type of sexual activity. There's good information in this resource: Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Best wishes as your recovery continues!

Unread 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Good question! I would love the answer as well! Can't wait to see if I can have an orgasm without my parts!
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Thank you Hostess for the reply. I'll ask my Dr.
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM

Orgasms cause pelvic contractions which can (and do on some people) tear stitches and cause problems. No inter or outer course should be engaged until your doctor gives the green light.
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM

i'm embarrassed/stupid to admit this but this is the only place i would...so here goes.....after my surgery i was so sexually frustrated and really wanted to see if things were still in working order that i masturbated 1 week after surgery, i had the big "O" only it wasn't so big. i was depressed thinking that it was really over for me. a few weeks later i did it again this time it was more intense but i had alot of pain afterwards. i even got to the point that i dreamt about it. i'm happy to report that everything is pretty much back to normal even though i do get abdominal cramps afterwards. i agree with everybody eles wait until the doctor says it's ok. take care
Unread 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM

I finally worked up the guts to call and ask my doctor this question - the nurse misunderstood my voice mail and thought I was asking about penetration, so when she called she said the dr said no sex, I need to heal more. I told her I wasn't asking about sex, just a clitoral orgasm and she said, just let it heal. I didn't want to argue or ask if that is really what the dr would have said if she had heard my question correctly for fear of sounding like a nympho. So I guess I'll just wait!!!
Unread 02-08-2011, 01:16 PM

There's another recent thread on the subject. You may want to check it out.

I had a clitoral orgasm at about 3 weeks. It was short and sweet and very isolated and was amazing!!!! But it was just my clitoris. Woman on a mission to just get off. Like less then a minute.

I did have a wet dream during my first week post op and it was very realistic and it was horrible. I caught myself but with all the body party moving around and the blood rushing was extremely uncomfortable.

I'm 7 weeks TVH and have yet to go for the g-spot.

There has been talk about a risk of infection etc... so you do need to keep that in mind but you had TAH so it's a little different. (I guess)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.