HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

simple cure for allergic reaction to betadine simple cure for allergic reaction to betadine

Unread 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM
simple cure for allergic reaction to betadine

Had my first surgery ever last week and found out the hard way that I am allergic to betadine. First day after sugery, I thought the itching was due to painkillers and swelling because of surgery. After 2 days, went home and itching and swelling became worse and even more inflamed after washing. It felt like I had a chemical burn. My skin was covered in red welts, swollen, burning and itching. Could not get a hold of surgeon and Primary Caregiver prescribed prednisone. Went home and looked up prednisone online and found that it delays wound healing. Nice. I tried benadryl which helped ease the itching. Aloe vera helped a little as well, though was waking up every morning with skin back to insane inflammation and redness/swelling. Finally tried applying apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball. It worked like a miracle. The welts/hives laid right down and the lacy rash vanished within minutes. I wish I had taken photographs. I feel foolish for not having thought of it sooner. Apple cider vinegar immeidately cured my allergic reaction to betadine.
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters! You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help by clicking these links: for Treatment Options, for Pre-Op Or for Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Re: simple cure for allergic reaction to betadine

and

I'm glad you were able to find something that helped with your symptoms. Of course it's important that women call their doctors for medical advice, before trying anything suggested, just to be on the safe side.

HysterSisters is a wonderful community for information and support whether you're seeking to avoid a hysterectomy, or if you are scheduled for or recovering from that surgery. Let us know if you need help finding the appropriate forum for your specific circumstances.

Best wishes!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.