HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Just found lump under armpit... Just found lump under armpit...

Unread 02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Just found lump under armpit...

Hi all,
Not sure if it is stress related, deoderant related or just a cyst. I have had an ache in my right breast for the last week or so, and have just found a lump the size of a pea under my right armpit.
Looks like a visit to the GP...
I hope it is nothing... better be sure.
Trying to chill is not easy.
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Re: Just found lump under armpit...

Sending warm thoughts your way and praying that all is ok.
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:38 PM

I really hope it's nothing. I understand how overwhelming it is. Most lumps in breasts are not serious.

My TAH is scheduled for Monday, March 7. Next Friday I get a diagnostic mammogram. At my last Ob Gyn appointment she found a lump. Having both going on is a lot to take in, isn't it?
Unread 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Praying for you! God bless you.
Unread 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM

I know how you feel. I found a lump in my right armpit two weeks after surgery. I have gone for an ultrasound and a mammogram but I don't have the results yet. The nurse, the technician, and the doctor don't seem concerned so I am guessing it is okay. I hope that it will be okay for you too.
Unread 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM

I am a breast cancer survivor ... get that checked as ASAP. If in your armpit maybe an ultrasound would be best!!!! Good luck and think positive!!!!
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM

Thank you all for your wishes..
I have just come back from my GP.. I can breathe a sigh of relief. He says it is an infection (probably from shaving). He has given me anti-biotics and told me to come back and see him if the lump hasn't gone in two weeks. I will keep an eye on it as I know I can't be complacent.

Now I wish you all luck with your pending results for those that are awaiting them. Let me know how you go.

And congratulations of you LMMK - that is awesome. Not sure what all those things mean in your signature, but it looks like you have had a rough time and come out the other end. And now your having a Hysterectomy.. Mine is not long after yours.. keep me posted how you go etc.

Hugs
Unread 02-28-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jna View Post
Thank you all for your wishes..
I have just come back from my GP.. I can breathe a sigh of relief. He says it is an infection (probably from shaving). He has given me anti-biotics and told me to come back and see him if the lump hasn't gone in two weeks. I will keep an eye on it as I know I can't be complacent.
OH!!! So glad that it is just an infection. I get goobers in my armpits sometimes when I accidentally use the wrong pit stick. Anti-perspirant causes me to get boil like things that grow inward before they actually come up to the surface. Did you happen to change your pit stick brand or type recently?
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:42 AM

JNA,
That is awesome news!!! Good luck w/ your surgery... I will keep an eye out for you in the future!!!
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanks everyone,
Yes it is great news... I have had a lump give me havoc before and had to under go the mammograms etc.. it isn't nice - so I am feeling for you LMMK, Danni3113 and NatureLoving C. Not only having to go through surgery but to endure the constant checks of mammograms etc. Big hugs to you all.

Miss Rowena... Although the Dr says it was from shaving.. I think he may have been wrong on that, coz that is a regular occurence for me... I couldn't put my finger on what was different... but yes, I don't usually wear deoderants as the smell and me just don't get on (talc is a wonder), but yes, for some reason I did use it the previous day.

to you all.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.