Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 21-Mar 27,2011 - Page 124 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 21-Mar 27,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 21-Mar 27,2011

Unread 05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 21-Mar 27,2011

Hi everyone, once again more time has passed without me writing... lol I am doing good, trying to wrap things up around here and get ready to move in 19 days (who's counting??). I have to say that the chillow has been a really good investment!! Even though I wake up after a while and it is hot, my night sweats are much less "sweaty" and the chillow seems to be keeping me cooler without having to keep using a fan on my face. lol So yay for that! Work sucks, I'm glad I ended up not returning. I went in the other day to visit a "friend" and found out that a few people in my peer group think I'm a very lazy person. Not just from recovery, they thought this before too. So where I see myself as strong for knowing my limitations, these guys see me as lazy for not overcommitting like them. Ugh... found out some other things too, but none worth repeating. All that to say I made the right choice to not return for the last few weeks.
Otherwise, I'm trying to get my new insurance lined up, start packing (though I've only gotten as far as buying boxes and putting them in my car.. lol).
Has anyone else gotten dizzy spells? I think its a side effect of the premarin, but I tell you, I've fallen a few times now at night. It ends up being not too bad cause its been by my bed, but its weird. I've never been like that, not sober anyways. =) I did finally make the hour drive to my church last Sunday, so that was great, they have been incredible support. I will miss them very much. Can't say the same about work folks.. ha OK, that feels like enough of an update for now. I'll try to keep posting, I guess its good that we are all getting a little busier now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Hey spicer it's not counting unless you say it like this.....
"19 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes, and 42 seconds......"

As for those "lovely" people at your work, I wonder how they'd react if they had several major organs removed including a couple that are key in regulating the chemicals that regulate many body functions?????? Hmmmm.... maybe they'd be "lazy" too. I realize that some people are not informed/educated about this procedure BUT ignorance is not a reason to be cruel. I'm happy you don't have to deal with them anymore.

Good luck with your packing. I HATE to move! I told my hubby (after he and I moved myself and my kiddos when we got married) that if he ever wanted to move again he had to hire professional movers because I wasn't going thru that again!!

Glad you're feeling better and Yeah for your Chillow!!!
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:47 AM

Countess--thanks for the well wishes and suggestions. I appreciate them. I hope everything is on the upswing for you and that you feel better and able to resume your normal schedule. Happy healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM

FINALLY get to post something positive! Well, it feels like I am finally bouncing back and really starting to feel better as of Wednesday. I have been starting to be able to lift my son who is 27lbs and my daughter 32 lbs. I have been starting to be able to load/unload and wash dishes as well as load/unload & start to hang laundry. That stretch is still sore at times. As I am typing this I am actually laying on my tummy and it isn't yelling at me yet! OH and this morning after taking it very slow "stella" I mean I got my groove back with my hubby! WOOT WOOT! I am so excited about all of this. Seems like I needed a swift kick in the bum back into reality! Driving the car to my dr appt went well the other day too. I also keep thinking about the fact that I haven't had a period in three months! WOO HOO! No painful period. Plus after sex I had a little bit of spotting but nothing worrisome and a little pain but nothing an iboprofen couldn't handle. I am so excited. I am FINALLY feeling like there is light at this end of this tunnel and it's not a locomotive! I am glad though that I have until May 31st to continue to Pamper the and take things slow with lifting instead of jumping in with both feet at work.
THANK YOU ALL FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE TO LISTEN AND OFFER ENCOURAGEMENT, CARE, & SUPPORT! I continue to pray that you are all on the mend.
Unread 05-20-2011, 05:54 PM

(((((Countess))))) that is SO awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Countess--great news!!! I am very happy for you.
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:00 AM

Wow, Countess! Wonderful news!
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM

Hey, spicer, great to hear from you. Sorry about your "friends" at work...You get to find out who your real friends are at a time like this. I hope that your new church where you are moving will be as lovely as your current one. I hope you haven't stockpiled as much junk in your house as I do. I moved 3 years ago and haven't finished unpacking yet!
Unread 05-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Hey everyone,

Well, Week two of back-to-work is behind me. Gosh, I am TIRED by Friday!! Yikes Still, I was worried about commuting via mass transit but I am able to negotiate the buses and subways with little problems. I wear my "foundation garments" (aka: girdle) and my binder during these times and that helps.

On a different note, I am walking a 5K event with Weight Watchers tomorrow. I have been doing some practice walks with my WW group and it is okay. My leader was so concerned that I would not be able to walk comfortably but I told her that my surgeon insisted that I walk during convalescence so I am okay to do this. Of course, I will be wearing my "foundation garment" again tomorrow!

Hope my hystersisters are doing well--thank you for all of your support and advice!

Heide
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Well done, Heide - you're an inspiration.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register