HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

bowels attatched to your uterus?  problems with bowels after surgery? bowels attatched to your uterus? problems with bowels after surgery?

Unread 03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
bowels attatched to your uterus? problems with bowels after surgery?

has anyone who has had their bowels attatched to their uterus had any problems with their bowels since having the surgery? if my dr can say there is a "good chance" of damage that is what will keep me from having it. and then on the other hand i have to wonder, well i have to believe that the scar tissue will only get worse without it. does anyone know this to be the case? just a few years ago my ovaries were seen on ultrasound and now last year they were not found.
Unread 03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Re: bowels attatched to your uterus? problems with bowels after surgery?

Hi,
I have had two surgeries for endometriosis. There were adhesions gluing my left ovary and fallopian tube to my bowels in both instances. There was also very filmy adhesions (light) between the back of my uterus and bowels. I have had bowel problems before and after my surgeries in which the surgeon excised the endo and removed the adhesions. I suspect that the adhesions have reformed around my left ovary and bowels again. I have had constipation problems and significant pain with bowel movements. The only thing that has helped somewhat is taking a stool softener and/or miralax every day. Bowel problems are very common with endometriosis. Not sure if this might be your problem.
drjp
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM

i have endo and had large fibroid. my ovaries were stuck to my utereus and my uterus was stuck to my large bowel. i have suffered with constipation most of my life. after the surgery, it took 4 hrs, i had problems with passing gas and my bms. even now i would have problems but i take metamucil daily. it is getting better. i hope everthing works out for you. God bless.
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
bowels attatched to your uterus? problems with bowels after surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post
Hi,
I have had two surgeries for endometriosis. There were adhesions gluing my left ovary and fallopian tube to my bowels in both instances. There was also very filmy adhesions (light) between the back of my uterus and bowels. I have had bowel problems before and after my surgeries in which the surgeon excised the endo and removed the adhesions. I suspect that the adhesions have reformed around my left ovary and bowels again. I have had constipation problems and significant pain with bowel movements. The only thing that has helped somewhat is taking a stool softener and/or miralax every day. Bowel problems are very common with endometriosis. Not sure if this might be your problem.
drjp
This post is my exact story as well.
Unread 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM

that sounds like it is/was painful drjp, i am sorry u have gone through so much and i hope that things get better for u. i do not have endo, i had endometrial ablation about 5 or 6 years ago so the inside of my uterus is seriously scarred. i have had bowel problems most of my life, painful movements etc for as long as i can remember. when i had my c-section in 94 they said i had some scarring then. i have had a lot of right ovary pain for years and i cant help but wonder if when they did my tubal maybe there was a problem there that would have caused all the scarring. i was told that it isnt likely that it was caused by the 1 c-section. i know my staples were starting to get infected and they took them out. all my biopsies came back normal so i guess that is a plus. the scarring is attatched to everything.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.