HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Estrace with progesterone cream Estrace with progesterone cream

Unread 03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Estrace with progesterone cream

Hi. I had a hysto in March 1989.
Now I'm almost 50 and this week especially, my hormones went way off track.
My doc prescribed me Estrace but I want to know more about adding progesterone for the benefits of getting sleep at night.

THanks.
Watermelon10
Unread 04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Re: Estrace with progesterone cream

There are two good articles about progesterone at www.hormonejungle.com

I think it is important to only change one thing at a time. You should give the Estrace some time to see if it is going to help before adding in other hormones.

Unread 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM

Thanks, Kim. I tried to get off the Estrace but my symptoms returned after 2 weeks. Therefore, I'm on my second round. I figure my testerone must have been way off the charts because of the urges I was having as I haven't ever felt that way even in my teen age years.

My gyno retired and now I'm without one. I'm going to find another one and get my levels tested. THe hormone craziness was just that and I had to call my GP to get the first round of Estrace with a 3 refill. However, I might have to stay on it from now on.

Thanks again for your help. Now, I'm not on the progesterone for the 10 day rest period. One thing I can say is my appetite has gotten less and I've lost a good bit of weight in my abodomen and hips. I've probably been needing estrogen for a long time but just didn't know the symptoms.
Unread 04-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Hi Kim.
I've been having a bad couple of days. Crying feeling down about not having anyone to share my Menopausal situations with. My old Gyno retired and now I'm going to see a new one on MOnday whom I hope can help me. The urges are so depressing and the mood swings are terrible. I'd like to get off the Estrace and try something natural but due to my last episode being off the Estrace for a week or so, I'm not sure. I guess I just want to talk with someone. I'm not married nor have family that I can discuss this with So that makes me sad too.
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:01 PM

There really is nothing that is "natural", even supplements are not really natural. They are made in a lab, just as Estrace is. Estrace is bio identical, a good choice IMHO.

Good luck with the new doctor. he/she will help guide you through this and get you to feeling better.

Unread 05-10-2011, 06:57 AM

Hi, Kim.
My doc called back today to say I'm in perimenopause and to continue to use the vivelle dot until I see her on May 31st.
I'm so relieved to here this. My tests were bordering normal except my FSH was 15.7.
I wanted her to do a ultrasound of mmy right pelvice region because my estradiol level is 173 to see if I have a cyst. However, she wants to wait and see me. I know she plans on doing a pelvic exam when I go back.
Yesterday when I went to the office and the receiptionist handed me the sheet and told me I wasn't menopausal. I had to hold my self back from just breaking down. Kim, I've suffered alot of hardship in my life and I've never broken down so easily as I have in the last three weeks.
So I'm glad I got help and feel I have support from you and the group as well as a GYNO who just didn't write me off because the test results. When I had my hysterecomy, I had fibroids. So I was wondering with my Estradiol being 173, my fsh being 15.7 if I have a cyst. My abodomen is large and I usually don't have a large abdomen.
Anyway, thanks for your support.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.