HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Black spot on urethra?? Help please! Black spot on urethra?? Help please!

Unread 04-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Black spot in vagina-is endo back??

Hello all, I had my hysterectomy about 3 years ago due to severe endo with lots of pain and heavy periods. A year ago I was having pain again, went to GYN, he said I had some vaginal polyps. Since they were small, he did a silver nitrate treatment in office to remove them. I have been having more pain lately, so I decided to take a mirror and do a self check. I am freaking out because I have a small black spot inside my vagina, it looks like it is on a lump of tissue in there? I feel so embarassed because I don't remember what it should look like in there, since its been so long since I did a self check. I have moved recently, and am trying desperately to find an OB/GYN ASAP, but am wondering if any of you ladies have been thru this? Also wondering if endo could be growing in there? Any comments or advice will be appreciated, thanks ladies!
Unread 04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Re: Black spot in vagina-is endo back??

First, don't panic!

To find a doctor, you can check www.suggestadoctor.com. Also, check with friends, family members, co-workers, and neighbors in your area. Because you have an endometriosis diagnosis and are concerned this could be endometriosis, you should also try to find a doctor who specializes in treating endometriosis.

While the black spot could be endometriosis as it can grow in the vagina, there are multiple other issues it could be from a blood blister to cancer.

Please make an appointment with a doctor ASAP to see what is going on. And try not to touch or irritate the area in any way.

in there!
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Re: Black spot in vagina-is endo back??

Thank you Weiser- I made an appointment for the 14th, that was the earliest they had. I am worried about cancer, as I had cancerous cells in my cervix before it was removed. I'm very scared and am hoping I am just being over-paranoid, it may be another polyp. Thanks for the reply!
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Black spot on urethra?? Help please!

After an anatomy lesson (thanks to the internet) I think my problem is my urethra. I have been having a lot of pain with intercourse and it has been getting worse. I was diagnosed with IC, so I am constantly having urinary issues, so I didn't realize it was my urethra, not my vagina that was in pain. When I look with a mirror, it looks like there is a roundish mass or bulge (hard to describe, maybe a bit bigger than a pencil eraser) with a black spot in the middle. I have a DR appointment in 2 weeks but I'm freaking out! Anyone else have this?
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Re: Black spot on urethra?? Help please!

You know I had something that sounds familiar to what you are describing. I was having pain and decided to check things out and saw something similar to what you are describing. It too was black and it was a small hard lump and it was causing pressure elsewhere because of the lump. I by no means recommend this bur I was young when I had this and to embarrassed to go to the Dr. Anyway I poked it with a needle and a bunch of pus came out. It cleared up after that and I never got it again. Like I said I wouldn't recommend doing that yourself. I could have ended up with a worse mess on my hands. I will be curious to what you find out.
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Re: Black spot on urethra?? Help please!

Look up skene's gland see if a blockage of this gland sounds like it.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.