HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

PLease Help No Sex Drive PLease Help No Sex Drive

Unread 04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Unhappy - PLease Help No Sex Drive PLease Help No Sex Drive

Some one please help me. I had my hysterectomy in Dec of 08 they left one overy. after my surgery I had a fistula which was fixed in May 09 wow that was a terible time. Now my problem is i have absulutly NO sex drive and im hurting my great husband of 12 years. he thinks I dont find him attrctive or appreciate him but I just have No urge to do anything sexual at all. I will give in to make him happy you know go with the flow ugh. I am only 30 and my husband is 28 we should have a healthy sex life and well we have none. Is there any thing out their that will get me in the mood and have the desire to be sexual. Please help Im despret im about to loose my hubby.

Rachel
Unread 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Re: PLease Help No Sex Drive

Hi, I can relate. I am 34 and had my complete hyst March 2010. Everything was fine until about three months ago or so I discovered that I just had no sex drive and being able to orgasm was becoming very difficult, if not impossible. So, my doc put me on a compounded testosterone cream, because he said women are suppossed to have a certain level of T in there body. I tried that for six weeks, only to find that my body didn't absorb any of it. So now he has upped my dose, just slightly, and is trying the oral tablet that I take every day. I can say, in two days, I have already noticed a difference. I also use vaginal Estrace cream. Things will get better, take care.
Unread 04-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Im sorry hun. I wish I had the magic answer for you. I am going through the same thing. I have no desire to do anything with my fiance and I think hes starting to resent it. Like I should be totally fine after 8 months (please! ugh). The only thing that I can suggest is something to try to get you in the mood. I was going to get that yours and mine from ky. I am willing to try anything at this point.
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Are you currently taking any HRT? My doctor told me that everything needs to be hormonally balanced for things to get better in the sex dept.
Unread 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM

I need help too! On the same boat. I have no sex drive and my hubby is very unhappy. I am not currently taking HRT's but thinking of going to dr for some. Nothing really seems to help even when I was on them.

Fustrated but not sexually...
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM

I am in the exact same boat! And I can't take any HRT, so I don't think I have any options. Does anyone know of any? I don't know that I can take the testosterone compound because I can't have any hormones at all.
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:23 PM

I am in the exact same boat. At this rate we can chip in and take a cruise. I cannot take hrt of any kind and I am sexually dead. I asked my Dr. about this pre op and she said nothing will change. In my opinion she is a big liar about alot of things and I regret having this surgery.
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM

What about those of us who have trouble with or can't take HRT's? I also regret having the surgery. I hate the way I feel or rather don't feel.
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:28 PM

I'm going to make an appointment to have my hormones checked to see if that's the problem in the mean time I'm going to do nothing.....lol I too some times regret the surgry but this is not the worst side effect I've had. Shortly after my surg I developed a VVF and had to have surgery on my blader Ugh. I hope I and all you find the right answer. Oh yea and if anyone finds it please share
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:39 AM

I also have the same problem. My dear husband has been dealing with this for 3 years now. I do the same and just give it up every now and then to make him happy. Don't like saying that but thats the way it is. I'm 37 and should still have a healthy sex drive. Very embarrasing to not have one at all.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.