HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Urethral prolapse Urethral prolapse

Unread 04-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Urethral prolapse

I had a SLH 6 weeks ago. Other than some pelvic pressure, I have been feeling pretty good for the last couple weeks. All was fine at my 4 wk appointment. On Friday evening, I noticed a walnut-sized lump near (but not in) my vaginal. It appears to me that I have a urethral prolapse. The absolute last thing I want are any more problems with this region of my body.

I'm sure the prudent thing to do is to call the surgeon and get an appointment. But, I'm wondering if there's anything to be done at this point. It's quite uncomfortable but not necessarily painful.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? If yes, what did you do? Anything I can do to avoid a trip to the doc?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Re: Urethral prolapse

I would go the dr if I were yiu, just to know for sure. After a hysterectomy tissue does take a while to heal, so maybe time will help and some of the prolapse may even out (at least my dr said to wait at least six months to see the 'final' results). Six weeks is not a long time, so maybe it is just a healing issue? On the other hand prolapse issues do sometimes develop after hysterectomy and usually they get worse over time, not better. Doing kegels etc if your dr is okay with that might help a little.

I have bad connective tissue and basically everything was prolapsed. Really freaked me out, but in the end you get used to it. I had bad luck with surgeries gone bad four times, but now finally after a hysterectomy and bilateral uterosacral colpopexy it is better. Had a TVT sling removed last week and a new smaller version out back, which feels so much better also. The TVT sling was for the urethral prolapse.

I still have a rectocele and a small cystocele is developing so may need some additional surgery in a while, but things already feel so much better. So, I am sorry to say that for me surgery was the solution, PT did not work and the prolapsed caused a lot of issues. If it is bothering you too much, go see the dr, maybe he or she has some good advise? If it is still acceptable you can always wait it out....but I found that hard...

Good luck, I hope things go well for you!
Unread 04-04-2011, 02:33 AM

i would definitely call the doctor, sometimes you can have swelling quite far out, i was horribly swollen at 4 weeks out when i wasn't at 2. maybe it is that, i thought everything had come out at first but it hadn't
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:54 AM

I'm with the others about getting it check it'll give you peace of mind knowing what it is if anything.
I really think us women really like to worry about stuff as well just to drive us crazy LOL!
Well keep us posted and wishing you luck.

I go today for my six week check up and a little nervous about that I'm hoping all is well.

Good luck and stay positive =)

-------------------------------
TVH (kept ovaries), uterine prolapse, with bladder sling
Christine

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.