HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Replens

HI;

I used Replens on Friday, we had sex for the first time on Saturday.

It still hurt and burned. Well, I saw spotting/discharge yesterday and today. A tiny bit ... looked pinkish/brown? It was more watery than the thick clumpy stuff they explain you should have.

I don't think I'll use it again and now fear sex!

I did start Climara 50 patch yesterday, hoping it will help in the dryness region!

Also, I started to have a ringing in my ears. I have googled and some women have had this from menopause. Lord help me!!

Anyone else have any experiences with Replens that werent "normal"? Or could it be from the sex? It wasn't rough because it hurt!

Donna
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Re: Replens

I can't help because I don't have any dryness problems but you have gone that extra step that I'm too chicken to go for!! We've played about and everybody's happy and I'm fully functional but I've got it into my head that cuff wise, there might still be stitches and I'm scared to "go there"!!!

Hope you get it all sorted out, sooner rather than later - is the ringing in your ears due to the patch???
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Hi;

The ringing started over the weekend, I didn't start the patch till Monday. Think I'll book a hearing app't though.

I like the idea of playing around better
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM

Bridgemoose ... I'm w/ you ... haven't done it yet either. I on the other hand, do have the dryness issue. KY is good.
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Hi Donna!

Let your doctor know about the spotting/discharge. It isn't unusual to have that happen after resuming intercourse but it's best to let the doctor know.

The Climara can help with vaginal dryness along with other menopause symptoms but if you find that you're experiencing dryness all the time, not just for intercourse, let your doctor know that, too. Some of us find that we need additional estrogen, used vaginally, to help with vaginal dryness.

I hope this helps!

Unread 04-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Hi;

I do have a doctor app't with a different gyno Thursday. Wanted to keep her as gyno cause she is close to home, compared to where I had surgery done! I will mention things to her.

I will give the Climara 1 month to see how it does. Otherwise, the other gyno (one who did the surgery) also prescribed Vagifem. I just decided to do Climara first .. to try.

oh ... I'm in my "I wish I never had the surgery" bubble today!!

Thx guys.
Donna
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:40 PM

The ear ringing for me was worse with low estrogen and resolved with increasing my estrogen level. Saw and ENT dr who said it's common with menopause.
Unread 04-06-2011, 05:49 AM

calypso: how long did it take to resolve, on the estrogen? a week, a month?

Thanks!
Donna
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:00 AM

I think your bleeding/spotting issues after sex are probably due to vaginal dryness due to low estrogen. The Replens would not cause that but having sex would.

I have used Replens and have not had burning or any bleeding with it.
When you see your dr. ask him for for some vaginal creams to help with the dryness.
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee62 View Post
calypso: how long did it take to resolve, on the estrogen? a week, a month?

Thanks!
Donna
It took until my estrogen was high enough, sorry cannot remember exactly, but I do know it comes back when my estrogen level drops significantly. It depends on how long it takes you to get to an optimal level since we're all different.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.