orgasm after hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

orgasm after hysterectomy orgasm after hysterectomy

Unread 04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
orgasm after hysterectomy

okay- I am 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. Decided to try out some external stimulation today- I did have an orgasm but it was.not.the.same. Honestly I was really upset by it and have felt sad about it all day. I guess a huge part of my orgasm was my uterus contracting. Does it get better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Re: orgasm after hysterectomy

Well your only in very early recovery I had a TAH 14 weeks ago and was not allowed any form of stimulation at all so waited till surgeon gav me the go a ahead. I have always had orgasms from clitorol stimulation and I achieved it yes it was different but now I can still get the uterine kind of feeling I can feel the pelvic muscles working and as for OH it feels no different mind you he knows nothing about the surgery or having a cuff. But for me it's better. As I have no pain at all so I would say give yourself time to heal and learn the new you as it does get better
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Damiana9 - I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and had the same concerns. I also experimented and now that I'm a little further along with recovery - it seems very close to the same as before. Almost a little bit stronger I thought ;/) so cheer up!!!! You'll get your mojo back and enjoy an orgasm just as much as before. I still can't have sex for another 6 weeks (I had bladder repair also) so I'm wondering about how that will be. Hugs! And a toast to new experiences ;-))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM

The same thing happened to me. At week five I caved and it was like my orgasm came to a dead end. I was very upset. But I think it was because my muscles and blood vessels weren't healed yet because now they are really good. It is not exactly the same but it is just as good. So as time goes by it will get better.You just have to practice a lot. Also I don't know what's up with my ovaries but I think about sex ALL THE TIME. I feel like I'm 28 again.
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiana9 View Post
okay- I am 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. Decided to try out some external stimulation today- I did have an orgasm but it was.not.the.same. Honestly I was really upset by it and have felt sad about it all day. I guess a huge part of my orgasm was my uterus contracting. Does it get better?
It DOES get better. It takes time, more time that I expected for it all to get back to normal. I'm almost 6 months post-op and sex is now better than ever!
Unread 04-16-2011, 07:35 AM

wow, thank you SO MUCH! I just kept thinking- man, my sex life is ruined and I can't go back now and change that.... I am very glad to hear that orgasms get better- because this one was awful! Who even knew you could have an awful orgasm!? LOL!
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM

I experimented too and although it was not the same, I was just happy it still worked. It did feel like something was missing, my guess it is the uterine contractions.
But the weird part is, that my libido is on overdrive!!! Definitely did not expect that!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register