HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Are external orgasms safe 2 weeks and 2 days post-op Are external orgasms safe 2 weeks and 2 days post-op

Unread 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Are external orgasms safe 2 weeks and 2 days post-op

I am going insane and driving my husband there with me. I need to have some type of close encounter however I am concerned. I had a robotic hysterectomy 2 weeks and 2 days ago and I would like to have an orgasm however I have stitches at the top of my vaginal wall. I know I can not have penetration but what about external? Could vaginal contractions rip the stitches?Also to be more specific I still have lower pelvic pain. it is not constant pain just a throbbing every now and then. I read a thread on the site where women at 2 weeks have had an orgasm but I would like other oppinions or experiances so I can make the best possible decision. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Nikki
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Re: Are external orgasms safe 2 weeks and 2 days post-op

This is something you must consult your doctor about. It can be unsafe to have any stimulation as it draws blood to the parts that are not yet healed. Please don't take any chances until you have spoken with your doctor.

Best wishes!
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM

How sad to know you are right and I am impatient! The waiting is driving me insain. I have never been so cranky and even though my better judgment says " I am not healed enough to chance it" my hormons are raging more than they did when I was a teenager. Thank you for the perspective I appreciate it greatly.

Nikki
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM

The best thing is to ask your doctor. Some doctors want complete pelvic rest, others are okay with external stimulation. He or she knows what was done inside you so he or she can judge if it is safe for you to have an orgasm.

Oops, I didn't see PeppermintPeggy's response before I posted. Same advice in any case.
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM

I'm in your same boat! Hormones like a school girl lol. I'm only 11 days post and finally gave into my crAnky needy side! It was great, zero pain w external orgasm. But after said and done, I've been achey.. and thinking I shouldn't of done it! Sighs...... but ok, it was worth it as long as it didn't kill me.(my thoughts to make me ok with it)!!! I was told no.penetration till 6 weeks. My dh was concerned, said it all comes from there. But I'm very persuasive. I'm thinking of taking a main pill to resolve the aches. Good luck to you!
Unread 05-01-2011, 04:31 PM

I had the da Vinci hysterectomy and bladder sling done 10 days ago. I was cleared at one week for orgasms and external stimulation.

But like the others have stated, best to ask your doctor!
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:24 PM

I had two orgasms in my sleep on days six and seven after surgery! This always happens to me when I ovulate.....

They did not feel good--they hurt. They were disturbing. And afterwards, I felt so cramped and achey for the whole rest of the day. Not worth it.

You may want to wait just a FEW more days. And as others said, ask your doctor. Don't be shy, I'm sure they've heard that one before!
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM

OMG!! Kelly67..I had a orgasm in my sleep Friday night. It was the strangest dream! I don't recall if it hurt or not.
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM

I was cleared for external stimulation and orgasm at 3 weeks post. Best advice has been said before - check with you Dr first.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.