HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bladder was cut during surgery? Bladder was cut during surgery?

Unread 11-26-2001, 06:00 PM
Bladder was cut during surgery?

Hello,

I am new at this. I had a TAH on 11-12-01, during my surgery my DR accidentally cut my bladder. I had to wear a cathether for 8 days after surgery. I'm not sure what is happening to me, but I think I am leaking urine from my vagina. I went to the DR's today and he used the tools they use for pap smears. When he went in he said there was urine and he cleand my insides up and told me to lay there and relaxed until he came back. Well 20 minutes passed and he came back in and checked me again and said there was no urine, but I swear I am peeing from my vagina, has anyone out there expereinced this? If so please let me know what the DR did for you. I am afraid of having another surgery. Thank you.
Unread 11-26-2001, 06:33 PM

{{{Denise}}}} I'm so sorry you have to go through this. What an unfortunate thing to happen.

I'm afraid that I do not have any insight for you, since I've never experienced any of these symptoms. The only thing I can suggest is that you call your doctor and ask him if this is what is happening. If it is, ask him what your options are.

If you're not satisfied with the reply you get, consult with your PCP or head for the ER. This doesn't like something that should be happening.

Wishing you the best of luck. Please keep us posted.

Unread 11-26-2001, 07:12 PM

Dear Denise,

If your doc isn't providing you with the right answers, get a consultation with a urologist, or better yet, a uro-gynecologist.

It could be a rare post-hyst complication called fistula. You can do a search of the Road Less Travelled forum to find more info about it. I hope you find some answers soon.

I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 11-27-2001, 04:44 AM
It happened to me too....

Hi Denise.

I hope you are doing fine. And don't worry, things will get better.

Check out the ROAD LESS TRAVELLED forum and you will see that you are not the only one this has happened to. I myself am going through the same thing. Don't know how it happened, but it did.

I had a TAH/BSO in Sept. A few weeks afterwards, I started leaking through the vagina only to find out I did have a vaginal fistula. I had repair surgery on Oct 26 and still am wearing a Foley cath. I am hoping to have it removed tomorrow!!!

Just know that we are here for ya.

If ya need someone to talk to, email me at TRCKRSWIF@aol.com or through here. I'll hear ya out and give you support and as much advice as I can.

DarMar

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway