HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

removal of mini arc (mesh) removal of mini arc (mesh)

Unread 05-14-2011, 08:47 PM
removal of mini arc (mesh)

Well........I am 4 months post up and just had urethral sling removed (mini arc). 2 weeks ago my husband got cut on his penis from the sling! I then started to feel pinching inside, time to go see my doc. Found out the sling had protruded through my vaginal wall and that's what was causing mine and my husbands pain. Had my surgery on Friday as an out patient. I had a spinal as I did with ny hysto but since it was only an hour surgery it took awhile for the spinal to wear off. So I had to be sent home with a catheter due to the numbness and not being able to pee. I am going to see my doc Monday morning to have it removed. Hoping there are no more complications. I didn't think this could happen to me. I read the horror stories and thought it couldn't happen to me. Well it did and just some words of advice for any sisters out there that are thinking of mesh as an option? Do your research and make certain this is what you want.......
Unread 05-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: removal of mini arc (mesh)

Oh my! I had a sling at the same time as TAH and i haven't had any issues..yet..2 mos post op. Doc says Im healing perfectly and I am scared to do anything for fear of my belly o r the sling. I want them to continue to heal perfectly. Good luck to you.
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM

It took 4 months till I started feeling the complications of the sling.
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:18 PM

oooh. Hopefully you won't have any more. Hope it heals good this time.
Unread 07-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Hi Boxerluver, I am so sorry to hear of your problems with the Mini Arc. How are you feeling by now? I had the Mini Arc done in December 2009 and it failed within a month (of course the doc said it was working just fine -- strange cause I'm still leaking). I've sworn I've felt it pinching and now have pain down the back of my right thigh (same side as I've felt the pinching and poking) and have wondered about having it removed. Have you had any adverse reactions from the removal? I truly hope you are feeling so much better. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
Unread 07-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Sounds miserable... Hope you are doing better now!
I am scheduled to have the elevate and mini arc in four weeks... are there other options that are as effective that I should ask about?
Unread 07-05-2011, 05:44 PM

I've just resigned myself to live with it. My gyn said if it were his body he would not put more mesh in. Said he's sat on too many boards for mesh lawsuits. But I sure get tired of wearing a "diaper". I don't really know of any other options other than a TVT sling. The first uro/gyn recommended that but when I ran across the doc who suggested the Mini Arc it sounded more appealing. I wish you all the luck! I am pulling for you that this time you will have complete success and you'll feel like a new woman!
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM

I had a sling made from my own fascia and it has worked great for 5 years. I think it is more complicated for doctors to put in than the tvt or tot kits--and they probably make less money, but I think its the only way to go.
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM

One year later.... How is everyone doing?
My mesh is fine, but my Rectocele is back. Hate that feeling. Options now are to use mesh this time vs the stitches and facia they used for my original surgery.
So tired of it all!
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:53 AM

Well, Im almost a yr and a half post op with bladder leakage and vaginal discharge. Niether of them is infected and they said to switch hormones and it shold all clear up...ya well..NOT. been two months and the more physically or sexually active I am , the worse they are. SOOOOOOO tired of this.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.