HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Cervical Bleeding 3.5 yrs after partial hyster,possible removal of cervix Cervical Bleeding 3.5 yrs after partial hyster,possible removal of cervix

Unread 05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Cervical Bleeding 3.5 yrs after partial hyster,possible removal of cervix

After having a partial hyster back in July 2007...I've always had a monthly one day mini period. Over the past many months, the bleeding has been more often. I kept my ovaries and the cervix. Went to new Gyno Dr today. He did ultrasound and all looked good. Then checked my cervix and did pap smear and saw a spot on it. He said, let's see the results of the pap first and then possibly go from there to removal of the cervical stump, vaginally.

Anyone else go through something similar?
Unread 06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Re: Cervical Bleeding 3.5 yrs after partial hyster,possible removal of cervix

Similar yes, exactly no. I do not have a uterus or ovaries, just a cervix that has began to start radomly bleeding. I am now doing the waiting game that is absolutely killing me because I cannot find any alternative answers for this except cancer. And pretty much know that no matter what I have to have the cervix taken out. Fortunately, in your case you still have ovaries in which can create mini periods that would make more sense. I haven't had any bleeding since my hysterectomy in april of 2007, so why all of a sudden now.
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Maybe you are younger than I am.
I am 55, so my doctor(gyn/oncologist) told me that I needed a TAH.
I kind of wanted to keep my ovaries, but he said it was better to have them taken out.
Good thing for me, because there was a tiny borderline cancerous growth on my left ovary. The finding showed up on the formal pathology report after my surgery was finished.

Several of my friends told me to "get it all taken out at once." Not that they were doctors; they were women that had had hysterectomies and chosen to keep their ovaries as they were younger when they had the surgery. They said they had to have another surgery to remove the ovaries that were causing them problems.

One woman was concerned that her insurance company would not want to approve the surgery.
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:01 PM

mdnghtblu5: I think you have reason for concern. Have you had a biopsy of your cervix? I will pray that all turns out well for you. Do you take hormone replacements, could that be causing it?

suziq55: I was 37yrs at the time of my surgery. I had all ready waited 3 yrs to have the surgery. I kept my ovaries since my mom had breast cancer and they suggested to her not to use hormone replacements and I did not want to go menopausal so quickly at my age.

Update on my results: they came back normal. I asked about the possible spot and the Dr said he thought he saw something but wasn't sure. I haven't bled since the day of the pap smear. I will keep a watchful eye and possibly get a 2nd opinion since he's a new Dr to me. We relocated 2 yrs ago and I put off my yearly until I started bleeding.

Thanks for responding...keep in touch. Melissa

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.