HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Estradiol? pills Estradiol? pills

Unread 06-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Estradiol? pills

I recently had a TAH and they took both ovaries. My doctor has me on 1 mg of estradiol. I started it in the hospital and do not go back for my post op appt until next week. I am just curious what to expect when I go back. It seems like most people are on creams or testosterone or other meds. Will he put me on something else? What should I expect?
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Re: Estradiol? pills

Oh yeah...I am 43 and my doctor told me that it would be good to be on something until around 50...is that normal?
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:59 PM

i just had my SCH and BSO on monday my dr put me on estradiol .05mg patch at the hospital. ive heard they do creams for sexual reasons. I guess i assumed if we were doing well at post ops they wouldn't change the meds, hmmm not sure though.
best of luck
susie
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:20 PM

I am 41 years old and had the davinci total hysterectomy. I got the estradial patch as well. I loved it but got tired of changing the patch each week and just didn't care for it. I didn't want to mess with sticky messy creams so my dr and I decided to do a daily pill. I take 0.45 mg of premarin and love love love it. I had my hysto 1.5 years ago. Have had no issues at all, I travel a lot so it's easy and portable. No vaginal dryness issues, nothing. From time to time I have dips in sexual desire but not too bad. good luck sister! Oh and when I asked my dr how long I would be on it. She said to take it for as long as it makes me feel good the way I am now. She laughed and said she has some patients in their 70's still on it because they call it their "happy pill" ha. Treat your symptoms not the numbers is my advice. If you feel fine without it, don't take it. If you need it, take what works for you and experiment with different methods until you find what works for you.
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

I am 31 years old. Had the divinci total hysterectomy removal of both ovaries 2 weeks ago. Doctor put me on. 05 estradiol patch. I been having terrible night sweats as well as I have noticed mood swings and I am very tired and weak. Still have a lot a pain in my abdominal area. As well as pressure in my pelvic area I'm not sure if this is related to the patch or not but I feel as I have to urinate all the time however when I go there is very little. Do I still need to give to patch time to work on the sweating and mood swings. I feel completely clueless all of this is going on with me. Any suggestions would b great.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.