HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Prolapse pain Uterine Prolapse pain

Unread 06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Uterine Prolapse pain

Hi, I am scheduled for a hysterectomy Aug.2011. I have a uterine prolapse and I am experiencing extreme pain. Has anyone else had a uterine prolapse and if so were you in pain from this?
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Re: Uterine Prolapse pain

Hi,
I also have uterine prolapse and am very uncomfortable most of the time , fro stabbing pains down below , to pressue and pain in both my bottom and " girl " area.I am scheduled for my surgery this month on the 30th.
Unread 06-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Hi,
This is the first I've ventured back to the pre-op site since my surgery two weeks ago. I had a LAVH for stage 3 uterine prolapse. I also had a bladder sling for bladder prolapse. I had unbearable pains from my prolapse for the past four years, to the point where I could barely stand. I first noticed it with my last pregnancy. It would then only be bad during the worst days of my period, but by the end up until my surgery I was feeling it anywhere from about two weeks around my period to almost all of the time. I used a pessary at the end, which helped immensely with the pain and helped make it feel like everything wasn't going to just fall out. So maybe if you aren't having surgery until August you could check with your MD about trying that. I only had mine for the last few months and I put it in and took it out daily, almost like a diaphragm, leaving it out at night (hope not TMI, just trying to pass on what I learned).

Best wishes. I know I was scared beforehand, and I had a hard time finding much about prolapse and hysterectomies before my surgery. So far things are going well. Things are still ouchy down there, but nothing like I had prior to the surgery. I believe most of the pain is due to the vaginal cuff repair, so will have to give it some time. Take it easy, don't over exert yourself as it will make it worse, and take it easy (a good way to practice for post op!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Hi, thanks for your information and sharing your story, I did try a pessary and the pain was worse with it in. I am on sick leave from work until my surgery I just wanted to know that I am not going crazy because my gynecologist does not understand why I am in so much pain. I also have a very physical job alot of standing, lifting and running around as I work with children so maybe that is making it worse. Well thanks again for you input!!!!
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM

You are definitely not crazy! I don't think anyone understands unless they've been there, and it is really hard to explain to people why you are in so much pain when it is such a personal reason. I stand a lot in my job and it was so hard to explain to people why I was in so much pain. When I finally had the surgery, a lot of people couldn't understand why at 36 I would have to resort to a hysterectomy. I just remember feeling so alone because there were so many posts regarding hysterectomies on the internet and this site for issues other than prolapse. Just know that you aren't alone, and that others are going through it to.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:36 PM

Well thank you because the doctors do not seem to think I should be in this much pain based on past patients they never had anyone in as much pain as I am. I think maybe these other women sit at a desk all day and maybe then it is tolerable. Thank you so much for telling me your thoughts. It makes me feel a lot better!!!
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:40 PM

I agree .I have had pain with walking, standing,urinating, and intercourse for the last cpl years being the worst(exspecially during my period).I am luck right now and didnt return to work after having my last child 3 years ago.I am hopeful that surgery will fix the pain as well as the intamacy issues.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Your surgery is soon. I wish the best for you. Let me know how it goes mine is only Aug.9th I am off work on sick leave until then. The doctor will get me in sooner if there is a cancellation but there are no guarantees. Well thanks for your post. Take care
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Hello Ellie123

I have uterine prolapse, as well as my bladder. I have to have a Vaginal Hyst. and anterior cystocele with a sling. I found all this out in the middle of April and my surgery isn't until July 27th. I am on a waiting list as well.

You are not going crazy at all. I have a desk job, and sometimes, by the end of the day my lower back pain is so bad I can't get off my chair. I'm on a waiting list, and in the city I live in in Ontario, there's a huge watiing list for this surgeon. So, I wait.

I find I am at my best when I've had a weekend of nothing but laying on the couch. (I am thankful for my awesome common-law spouse, and my kids who are older and self-sufficient)

I wish you all the best, and hope there's a cancellation for you so you don't have to wait until August.
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM

Hi, thanks for your story, I live in Ontario as well. I tried to clean my house today and now I am in extreme pain. It is good to know I am not alone or crazy because even my doctor is looking at me like I am crazy! Take care and good luck with your surgery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register